Author Topic: Wanted - 3.4uF 650V capacitor  (Read 984 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Wanted - 3.4uF 650V capacitor « on: October 18, 2021, 05:10:37 PM » Author: Rommie
Hi all, subject says it all, need this to run with my Philips SOX-E 131W ballast. At the moment I only have a 450V rated capacitor, but the specification definitely says 650V, does anyone have one or know of a source..? I have searched extensively on eBay and other sites and have come up empty handed. The 450V capacitor I have at the moment seems to be working ok for now, but I don't really want to use it long term.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 05:14:52 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted - 3.4uF 650V capacitor « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 10:17:32 PM » Author: funkybulb
Helo there Ria

I did found a 650 V Amrrad cap on ebay.  But it nothing close
 To 3.4 uF or 3.5uF  but 0.75uF

My advice is to contact Amrad tell them what u need
As they are capable of customizing caps any way u want
  They also make replacement film caps for radios. 
   Here the link for u to try and get into contact
   https://amradmanufacturing.com/

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted - 3.4uF 650V capacitor « Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:17:13 AM » Author: Rommie
Thanks for that, I did look but saw nothing rated over 440V, and I dread to think how much a one-off would cost  :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies