Author Topic: I'm going to get an aneurysm  (Read 5374 times)
boiledcabbages

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm going to get an aneurysm « Reply #30 on: September 05, 2021, 10:39:55 AM » Author: boiledcabbages
Ahhh I'll find a way. My sister is in the UK, London so not the closest but I'm big on hiking, and to my knowledge the best hiking to be had in the UK is in the north. So we may yet meet one day
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I'm going to get an aneurysm « Reply #31 on: September 05, 2021, 10:43:46 AM » Author: Rommie
Ah, London, my home town..! Not been back since all this virus thing started, I have a phobia of face coverings so it's hard travelling anywhere, even walking to the supermarket  :(

Hiking, well you're on your own there, I had a friend in San Francisco who was always trying to get me to 'go for a walk' with him whenever I visited, but I only did it once, my feet were rather sore after 6 or 7 miles  :mrg:

Take care,

Ria  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I'm going to get an aneurysm « Reply #32 on: September 05, 2021, 11:56:48 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ahhh I'll find a way. My sister is in the UK, London so not the closest but I'm big on hiking, and to my knowledge the best hiking to be had in the UK is in the north. So we may yet meet one day
I remember talking to a man from Colorado on the train south once, he had just completed the nothern half of the West Highland Way, so I asked him how it compared to the scenery back home.  :wndr:
His answer was pretty much the same, just lower down. :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm going to get an aneurysm « Reply #33 on: September 05, 2021, 11:59:00 AM » Author: Medved
You don't need to worry using directly the SOX.

I meant using directly the SOX lamp with the full circuit to tset the ignitor, there is no danger for the lamp regardless on how possibly the ignitor may misbehave (when still not fixed due to any reason).
Either the ignitor is working, then the lamp will start normally right away.
Or the mains voltage happens to be enough to ignite and support the discharge (however this is very unlikely scenario), so it will start seemingly normally as well, so no risk for the tube.
Or the ignitor won't work and the mains is (as expected) not enough, so the lamp stays essentially off.
No need to mess up with some fluorescent lamp in order to test the ignitor, you may just get false results (even the perfectly working SOX ignitor may not be enough to support the cold electrode operation of many fluorescent tubes, which may mislead you to thinking the ignitor is not yet working or so).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies