Author Topic: Emergency Ballast vs Emergency micro inverter  (Read 492 times)
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Emergency Ballast vs Emergency micro inverter « on: September 19, 2021, 11:20:15 PM » Author: LucasColley
Hey everyone, i’ve been doing some research on emergency lighting and stuff. I was just curious on what the difference is between an emergency ballast and an emergency micro inverter, i sort of understand it but not really. And which one would last longer? Thanks for any help!!
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emergency Ballast vs Emergency micro inverter « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 08:05:57 AM » Author: Medved
reliability wise both are a piece of electronic, so there is no technical reason why one would be expected to last longer than the other one.

The advantage of the ballast is it can not get "surprised" by a load it is not designed for (like MSW inverters not liking the capacitive dropper style ballasts used with some LED products,...). But with an inverter explicitly designed for lighting, I would expect it would be designed to work well with all commonly use ballast types so it is very unlikely your lamp will use something different.
On the other hand the inverter allow more freedom to replace the light source (when it or some of its component fails) later.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies