Author Topic: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon!  (Read 1278 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « on: September 01, 2021, 09:17:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Once I get some free time here, I’m thinking about creating a google site page with my gallery photos (except phone images) on it! I’m thinking about making it based off of the Frangioso’s Street Lights Gallery. What do you all think?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 10:35:27 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Sounds great! If I happen to identify a light fixture that hasn't been identified yet, will there be a way to notify you when it's been identified?

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 10:57:30 PM » Author: Econolite03
Cool! So are you creating your own website just for your photos (using a site builder such as Wix etc)? I’ve seen another member use Google Photos and linked it here, but I’m not 100 percent sure on how it was done.

Now on Linktree

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 12:42:57 AM » Author: HPS_250
Cool! So are you creating your own website just for your photos (using a site builder such as Wix etc)? I’ve seen another member use Google Photos and linked it here, but I’m not 100 percent sure on how it was done.

That was me, I just created an album on Google Photos with all of my lighting photos in it, set the album to public viewing, and copied the link into the “website” section of my LG profile. It works pretty well for keeping all of the photos backed up and easily available!

@CreeRSW207: Cool idea for a website! I think Google Photos could work as I said, but there are other options out there too.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 08:05:18 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
@Lightsofthewest, I could put my email down so you could contact me there.

@Econolite03, I was thinking about doing something on sites.

@HPS_250, Thanks, I don’t know when I’ll do it but hopefully I’ll have some free time to get it going!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 10:14:40 AM » Author: Rommie
I try to avoid anything connected with Google, they're too intrusive, they want to know everything about you  :-\

They're like Amazon (I closed my account on the spot after watching the scariest documentary I've ever seen on how they use people's data  :poof:) and Microsoft, they have massive databases on practically everybody and know pretty much everything down to what you ate for breakfast this morning, I don't like it, I like a certain amount of privacy  >:(

Social media..? No thanks, this site is about as social as I get  :-X

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 05:12:50 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I try to avoid anything connected with Google, they're too intrusive, they want to know everything about you  :-\

They're like Amazon (I closed my account on the spot after watching the scariest documentary I've ever seen on how they use people's data  :poof:) and Microsoft, they have massive databases on practically everybody and know pretty much everything down to what you ate for breakfast this morning, I don't like it, I like a certain amount of privacy  >:(

It's crazy how bad it is today! The only social media I use besides LG is snapchat but I only friend people I know. I haven’t created the page yet and don't know when I will, it's just a thought I had.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 11:04:45 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: sox35
Can't blame you there.
The only social-media site I use is YouTube (I know 'google' but there are no real alternatives)
I pretty much avoid FB & Twitter.
I don't do Amazon.
And Micro$oft, I flat-out gave a network block to not only the main *.microsoft.com domain, but all the others they own that I know of....

The very worst social-media-thing though IMO is TikTok.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 11:44:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah not a big fan of social media. I mostly keep placeholder accounts for the people I know in real life to keep in contact with me with. I don't even post at all anymore.
Unfortunately there are some good lights that show up on sites like Facebook Marketplace so I'm forced to maintain an account there if I want to arrange a purchase for them.

I never got why TikTok is so popular, or why for that matter. It reminds me of this social media site called Vine that was bought by Twitter and shut down a few years ago.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:47:41 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: CreeRSW207 Gallery Page Coming Soon! « Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 05:42:59 AM » Author: Rommie
TikTok..? Never heard of that one, it sounds like a clock that can't spell :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies