Author Topic: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters?  (Read 9010 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #15 on: November 03, 2021, 02:51:39 PM » Author: joseph_125
@sol, yeah I heard Home Hardware had some cool stuff back in the day. I once picked up a Sylvania 175w /DX cleartop still in the original sleeve at one. I also heard they once sold Philips Goldeyes and Goldfingers along with their replacement SOX lamps.

#mobilite, it's the closest I could think of, although Princess Auto does typically have slightly larger stores and also a surplus goods section that have neat stuff sometimes. I know Harbor Freight dosen't really sell surplus..they're more of the tool side of Princess Auto. 
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 06:13:42 PM » Author: joseph_125
I was at Princess Auto today and I discovered them selling a LED streetlight now. see here for more details.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #17 on: November 12, 2021, 07:23:43 PM » Author: sol
While you're at it, you could also get one of those ammo boxes on the shelf above. They make good remote ballast enclosures.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 03:34:15 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, the metal ones look pretty hefty too and can probably easily fit a 1000w balllast.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #19 on: July 11, 2022, 07:30:57 PM » Author: icefoglights
#mobilite, it's the closest I could think of, although Princess Auto does typically have slightly larger stores and also a surplus goods section that have neat stuff sometimes. I know Harbor Freight dosen't really sell surplus..they're more of the tool side of Princess Auto.
I noticed on the ads for the street lights and Crimefighters that they were government surplus.  For as long as they sold the Crimefighters, they must have gotten a HUGE lot of them.  The mismatched Sylvania bulb supplied with them makes more sense too.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Ugly1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #20 on: July 11, 2022, 07:35:33 PM » Author: Ugly1
Surplus Center of Lincoln, Nebraska, sold used GE gumballs and new Joslyn junior gumballs. Along with other types of wonderful military and telephone surplus. They’re still in business, but hardly any old stuff.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #21 on: July 13, 2022, 10:01:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah they must have had thousands to have been able to sell from for almost 20 years. They still sometimes sell surplus streetlights. I saw some Philips RFS 38w LED lights there last winter. They didn't have a lot of them though, I think by spring they were gone from the shelves.

IIRC I believe the Surplus Center in Nebraska had a lot of older lampholders on their site. Cool to see one of these electronic surplus places still in business too. The one here closed a few years ago with nothing to replace it. They used to have a lot of cool stuff.
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 10:08:20 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Found one of these on FB marketplace

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/713666996648130
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 11:25:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting, maybe a LG member nearby can score it. It might even still have the original clear Sylvania 175w girder frame lamp.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #24 on: July 17, 2022, 01:07:07 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The problem I see would be getting it down intact ! I'd guess it to be about 20' up !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 04:35:40 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Well i just found another one of of these on FB, this time locally and am gonna be picking it up this weekend!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 05:16:57 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice! It would be neat if it still had the original 175w clear girder frame lamp.
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #27 on: July 26, 2022, 05:46:52 PM » Author: RadiantMV
It is sadly fitted with a clear 175 watt ED merc, but i do have some vintage lamps from the time period.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #28 on: July 26, 2022, 05:58:24 PM » Author: Burrito
Nice! It would be neat if it still had the original 175w clear girder frame lamp.
I saw that CrimeFighter listing earlier, the fixture looks NOS

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Princess Auto Sold Crimefighters? « Reply #29 on: July 26, 2022, 09:06:45 PM » Author: joseph_125
I found the listing. It looks like it was a used one but in good condition. Too bad it doesn't have the original girder framed clear lamp. That would have been a nice catch.

Mine was in way rougher shape than that one. I see it has a built in PC socket too. Might be a Princess Auto modification as I don't think they have the cast boss that PC equipped M-250R2s of that era had.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies