Author Topic: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time  (Read 1226 times)
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #30 on: October 12, 2021, 05:47:21 PM » Author: sox35
Sadly, that is one thing that eBay are spectacularly bad at. One of my pet hates is when people list something as being in the UK when they aren't.

Some of them even go so far as to put the Union flag in the image and state "UK Seller", but when you check the seller's details out more closely, they are, in fact, in a certain Far Eastern country whose name begins with a C and ends with an A. This really annoys me; in the main, I prefer to buy from a seller in this country, I don't want my money going elsewhere without my knowledge.

If I know that the seller is in such and such a country, and I still want the item and can't source it locally, then fine; I've bought many things from the USA and Europe in this way. But to say "UK seller" and not BE a UK seller is just plain wrong.

Of course, they often say "UK stock" and it probably is, they import cheap crap by the container load and store it in UK warehouses. But the SELLER is NOT in the UK, and my money ends up going where I don't want it to  >:(

eBay don't care, of course, as long as they get their cut. Grrrrrrr  >:( :curse:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

"Make our past become the future once more!!"

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #31 on: October 12, 2021, 06:45:16 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
Just heard from the seller. He says he has been looking high and low for the bulb but can't find it.
He has 2 other identical ones but can't find them either.
He asked for a few more days as he claims that there is no way that he could have lost all three.

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #32 on: October 12, 2021, 06:58:47 PM » Author: sox35
Well at least you heard back, so it's fair enough to give him a bit of time. Hope he comes good  :love:

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #33 on: October 12, 2021, 07:04:27 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
Fair enough?? How the hell does someone lose 3 bulbs listed for sale!?
I checked this seller before ordering.
He is a longtime ebay seller with great ratings so I don't know what to think.

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #34 on: October 12, 2021, 07:06:23 PM » Author: sox35
Who knows, I've been looking for a couple of lamps I promised to trade with Lucas for at least 3 weeks, I have no idea where they are..!

But then my brain cell, or what passes for one, has never been particularly good at holding onto things I put in it  ::)

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #35 on: October 12, 2021, 07:16:18 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
I can't answer that last comment either ::)

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #36 on: October 12, 2021, 09:39:28 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
How do you lose 3 bulbs ?? Simple !! One of the sellers flunkies sold / gave them away / threw them away and never told anyone ! I went through that not too long ago . I ordered a lamp from eBay . I never received any shipping info . The day after the ETA of lamp I sent a message to the seller. I was told the order got missed and the lamp would be sent right out . Well , the next day , I received the lamp I'd ordered . The day after that I received a tracking # for the lamp. 3 days later I received ANOTHER LAMP !!  :lol:  Apparently  , the seller's shipping minions shipped the lamp when I initially ordered it but provided no shipping or tracking info and never removed the item from inventory !! After the 2nd lamp arrived , I messaged the seller AGAIN and told her what happened . She told me to keep the 2nd one as a gift and said she would have a sit down with her shipping dept. in the morning !  ::)  I also informed her that the listing with 2 lamps available was STILL UP despite BOTH of them being in my house !!!

And YES  , this seller had perfect ratings !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #37 on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:43 PM » Author: sox35
Oh no, MINIONS..?  :poof:

It's a wonder they didn't arrive broken  :mrg:

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #38 on: October 13, 2021, 12:59:28 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
How do you lose 3 bulbs ?? Simple !! One of the sellers flunkies sold / gave them away / threw them away and never told anyone ! I went through that not too long ago . I ordered a lamp from eBay . I never received any shipping info . The day after the ETA of lamp I sent a message to the seller. I was told the order got missed and the lamp would be sent right out . Well , the next day , I received the lamp I'd ordered . The day after that I received a tracking # for the lamp. 3 days later I received ANOTHER LAMP !!  :lol:  Apparently  , the seller's shipping minions shipped the lamp when I initially ordered it but provided no shipping or tracking info and never removed the item from inventory !! After the 2nd lamp arrived , I messaged the seller AGAIN and told her what happened . She told me to keep the 2nd one as a gift and said she would have a sit down with her shipping dept. in the morning !  ::)  I also informed her that the listing with 2 lamps available was STILL UP despite BOTH of them being in my house !!!

And YES  , this seller had perfect ratings !
OK Tim any advice on how I can deal with this seller?
You're better at dealing with meatheads than I am.
Regardless of what this seller has to say my computer screen is a finely tuned crap detector and if he can't find 1 out of 3 he isn't going to find it.
I don't think I can open a claim with ebay or PayPal yet because the item is listed as estimated arrival date 10/20-10/23.

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #39 on: October 13, 2021, 03:24:08 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
 >:D The Morbid Angel strikes! >:D
I was lucky enough to find an identical one from another seller for just a couple bucks more and faster shipping so I grabbed it.

As for the other deadbeat I can't open a claim until Oct 19 but he's had a week to fix this so I decided his time is up.
When I do open the claim believe me his eBay track record is screwed! >:D

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2021, 06:34:54 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
Well the new seller I found just shipped my bulb and I just paid for it 3 hours ago!
The post office now has it and I have a tracking number.
It's expected to arrive this coming Monday.

Still no word from the other deadbeat seller.

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2021, 06:52:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When I first read your last post Jamie, my first thought was that the Post Office was open late... :wndr:

Then I remembered the time difference..! (gives self a  :slap:)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Morbid Angel

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #42 on: October 13, 2021, 07:08:04 PM » Author: Morbid Angel
The  :slap: is unnecessary Sammi it's been a hectic day for all of us.
I'm buying the drinks tonight. What will you and Ria have?

WSHE

"She's only rock n roll"

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #43 on: October 13, 2021, 07:17:26 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Some Anchor Steam beer would be nice.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I think I really stepped out of bounds this time « Reply #44 on: October 14, 2021, 10:30:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
If the seller hasn't sent any tracking or shipping info just wait until 1 day after the ETA and message the seller . If you get nowhere with them then contact eBay for the refund . AFTER you get your refund , make sure to give the seller absolutely ROTTEN feedback like I did to this guy !!  :curse:   : https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/enla_39?lb=1

This genius had a 6 pack of 400w MV lamps on auction with an opening bid of $3.40 and a buy it now of $75 with no reserve and free shipping. I was the only bidder !  :mrg:  I got no lamps , no response from the seller and no tracking . He wouldn't even respond to eBay !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines