Author Topic: Power pole replacement  (Read 745 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Power pole replacement « on: October 03, 2021, 04:04:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
I didn't mention this, but a few weeks ago a tall truck struck the power lines in our street and knocked down the wires. It caused the power pole next to the house to split in half! It was an older pole from 1974 according to the stamp on it. So the power company had to install a new pole and they also replaced the transformer, which shorted out due to the damage.

This was one of the older poles that I'm aware of in my neighborhood. The new pole seems to be considerably taller, to the old one. The other pole on the property has a NEMA security light on it, but was unaffected by the damage. I'm thinking that pole was from about 2007, when the NEMA light was installed back then.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Power pole replacement « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 01:16:59 AM » Author: mefurd98
All of the ones on my road were replaced a couple years back except the one that has the transformer for mine and my neighbor's house and a 100w HPS NEMA on it. It's starting to lean pretty bad and I'm afraid if we have another hurricane it'll be gone. I just thought it was weird they replaced all of them except that one...maybe they didn't want to bother moving the transformers and the light!  :lol: :lol:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies