Author Topic: Archiving a topic  (Read 423 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Archiving a topic « on: September 23, 2021, 07:32:01 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've come with the idea of archiving a topic. I was thinking that rather than trying to find a topic you want to view, you can just save it in your archives to view at later times. Does anyone agree with this idea?

Interests: sprinklers, fire alarms, warning sirens, fans, and mostly lights

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Archiving a topic « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:38 PM » Author: sol
I believe all topics here have a permalink, so you could just open a bookmark folder in your browser and save the links in there for future use.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Archiving a topic « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:32:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, you can also save each topic on your computer either as HTML or PDF for topics with important info that you don't want gone.

The print this page features works well if you only want to archive the text in a more condensed format.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Archiving a topic « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:17:16 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Interesting idea but the downside is theres no guarantee the topic post will stay on the site as it could be removed at random by its poster. Saving the webpage to your computer definitely works

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines