Author Topic: Another way to post videos to galleries  (Read 462 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Another way to post videos to galleries « on: September 30, 2021, 06:48:40 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Is there any way that there could be another way to post videos to our galleries without a YouTube URL?

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
I’m proud to say I’ve been to the EMEC service area with ZERO LED!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 07:40:12 PM » Author: Rommie
At the moment, no.

I'm not a web designer or programmer, so I don't know if it would be possible, you'd have to ask Patrick.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 07:54:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Darn, well maybe Patrick would know.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 08:17:30 PM » Author: Patrick
Why do you object to YouTube?  If you want to use a different service, your best bet would be to post a still in the gallery and link to the video in the description.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 09:05:29 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Why do you object to YouTube?  If you want to use a different service, your best bet would be to post a still in the gallery and link to the video in the description.
I just was wondering if we could have another way to post videos here for the people without a YouTube channel. I don't have one so I was seeking another way.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 09:41:31 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I'm afraid if we started having videos uploaded directly onto the site, we'd be out of space on the server quickly. Unfortunately youtube is the best way to go for now, but I appreciate you thinking of those who don't do youtube. If a solution comes up in the future we can look into it.

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 08:38:20 AM » Author: Rommie
Personally, I don't care much for anything powered by Google, but I get your point. Yes, post a still and a link.

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 08:44:43 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It might be possible to rewrite the coding to allow it, but it would take a hell of a lot of work, and all of that is done by Patrick in his spare time.  :wndr:

And his list of things to do is currently as long as all of the members' arms put together.!  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Budding Author
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 08:47:47 AM » Author: Rommie
I've just looked and there is a section on the upload page URI/URL Uploads - I've never tried it, but maybe that might work..?  :wndr:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 11:16:16 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I've just looked and there is a section on the upload page URI/URL Uploads - I've never tried it, but maybe that might work..?  :wndr:

I think that one you post links to other hosting sites, never tried it myself either

Administrator #5

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Ban LG critics

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Another way to post videos to galleries « Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 11:27:47 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm afraid if we started having videos uploaded directly onto the site, we'd be out of space on the server quickly. Unfortunately youtube is the best way to go for now, but I appreciate you thinking of those who don't do youtube. If a solution comes up in the future we can look into it.
Thank you!  :)

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines