Author Topic: African countries banning fluorescent lighting between 2024 and 2025  (Read 605 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
African countries banning fluorescent lighting between 2024 and 2025 « on: December 06, 2021, 01:09:27 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While trying to learn more about the EU EcoDesign directive, I found this article that details information about African countries slated to ban linear fluorescent tubes and CFL lamps between 2024 and 2025:

https://www.mercuryconvention.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/news/Portals/11/documents/News/ES_Africa_Amendment_Proposal_April_2021.pdf

It seems really depressing to know that anything that is not LED will become as rare as hen's teeth in such a short amount of time. Now is the time to stock up on traditional lighting if you want to keep using it for the rest of your life.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: African countries banning fluorescent lighting between 2024 and 2025 « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 04:02:01 AM » Author: Silverliner
Sounds like the Minamata thing.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies