Author Topic: Uneven Fridge Lighting  (Read 861 times)
Pandariffic

View Posts
View Gallery

Goal: Light Design, Old Fixtures, Light Quality...

Uneven Fridge Lighting « on: September 28, 2021, 03:30:15 PM » Author: Pandariffic
I have an older fridge with the single lamp on top. What would be a better lighting alternative? Without using LED, Would installing small incandescents, or xenon along the sides give the fridge more even lighting? Has anyone done something like this, or better?

Luminaries are beautiful.
Health benefits like incandescent. Dangers like LED
Proud my town is all HPS.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Uneven Fridge Lighting « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:27:03 AM » Author: Medved
There are a tons of problems with hacking anything inside the fridges, mainly electrical (make it robust against humidity, to not be easily kicked out when manipulating with things in the fridge, making sure the water won't leak through the added mounting holes where it does not belong and e.g. compromise the thermal insulation or damage other things, no wires would get rubbed off by the compressor vibrating with the whole fridge,...). So I would personally keep it original. And remember it for the next time you will be shopping for a new fridge (once the old dies,...) and add it to the requirement list you have for the new one.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies