Author Topic: 365nm LED flashlight gives a great deal of heat  (Read 1003 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

365nm LED flashlight gives a great deal of heat « on: October 08, 2021, 09:56:05 AM » Author: dor123
I've noticed that my 365nm UVA 3W LED flashlight that I've bought with my father from Aliexpress, gives a great deal of heat, compared to my 395nm NUV and other LED flashlights.
Why this is happening?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 365nm LED flashlight gives a great deal of heat « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 10:37:17 AM » Author: Medved
Isn't it just using higher power?
Normal (white light) flashlights rarely use the advertized power, mostly the real power is way below the advertized value. They just rely on the higher efficacy of the modern LEDs compsre to what people are used to from the past (so a "3W" flashlight gives out the same amount of light as a truly 3W unit did 10 years ago, but in reality it uses way lower power), mainly the cheepeese (Ali,...) ones.
The UV arejust driven at full 3W, as there isno legacy "compare metrics"...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: 365nm LED flashlight gives a great deal of heat « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 01:59:34 AM » Author: dor123
But why I feeling heat comong from the flashlight.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 365nm LED flashlight gives a great deal of heat « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 01:09:48 PM » Author: Medved
Wonder if the UV itself does not present itself by heat feeling?

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies