Author Topic: Why did the Philips logo disappear?  (Read 2491 times)
Prismatic

View Posts
View Gallery

Manuel

slprismatic
Why did the Philips logo disappear? « on: November 07, 2008, 02:09:13 PM » Author: Prismatic
I've noticed that on newer Philips lamps one thing is missing: the Philips logo which is imho very nice and retro-looking. Does anyone know why?

Prismatic@YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/slprismatic

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:12 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Maybe it lowers the production costs for etching and printing packages?

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 12:49:43 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Cuz Phileeeeps is Stooopid....(kinda) I do like SOME of their products

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Mr. Big
Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:42:03 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Cuz Phileeeeps is Stooopid....(kinda) I do like SOME of their products

My portable CD player is Philips, it's actually quite nice, so yeah, some of there stuff is good, it's just not in the lighting category  ;D
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:41:43 PM » Author: sparkie
I had a Philips DVD recorder that cost $300 :o It went 'kaput' just over two years after I got it >:(

The Philips MI50 that shines through my window has been there since the early 90s and yet looks as new as if it were installed 2 years ago.

Philips make great lighting products but some of their home cinema equipment is naff!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:45:42 PM by sparkie » Logged
Mr. Big
Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:08 AM » Author: Mr. Big
That SUCKS big time! I had just a DVD player VCR combo from them a few years back, apparently a big filter cap in the power supply on the board blew, because I could smell something weird from it, didn't dare try and open it! but I've had this CD player for a few months, it's quite nice! :)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:53:20 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Sylvania long time ago removed their logo, and I liked their logo......

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:16:06 PM » Author: magslight
@prismatic: I don´t noticed this. And now not too.

@the others writers: I have an Philips TV (tube TV 70w) from 1980 and it still works perfect!
and flourescent linear tubes too, I can´t say anything bad about Philips in lamps and apparats.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why did the Philips logo disappear? « Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:43:32 PM » Author: Medved
They now (OK, it's about 10years already) use only the text "PHILIPS" in bold capitals as their "logo". Simple, as it is better readable on given size, so attract more to the brand "name".

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies