Author Topic: 208, 277, 480’ volt ballast  (Read 907 times)
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

208, 277, 480’ volt ballast « on: October 21, 2021, 09:32:53 PM » Author: funkybulb
  If any one got a ballast they cant use because not residental standard US voltage,  I can use them as I have step up transformer
 To do 480 volt ballast up to 1000 watts
  277 volt is welcome and so is 208 volt ballast.

I will let u know if Interested when u post those ballast.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 208, 277, 480’ volt ballast « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 01:03:41 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
  If any one got a ballast they cant use because not residental standard US voltage,  I can use them as I have step up transformer
 To do 480 volt ballast up to 1000 watts
  277 volt is welcome and so is 208 volt ballast.

I will let u know if Interested when u post those ballast.

Here is a 277v F20T12 choke ballast that could be used to run a 18w SOX lamp satisfactorily:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254804624868

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 208, 277, 480’ volt ballast « Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 07:43:17 AM » Author: funkybulb
  @ WWHCU   

Nice find,  but thank u but as in future trade who is ditching unwated ballast from there collection.  I just hate to see those
  Higher voltage rare mercury ballast throw out cause it 480
  Volts.  Same hold true for Fluorescent ballast.   It cause I found
 The most expensive 600 dollar step up transformer at Restore for
  5 dollars.   That same happened with 277 volt transformer .
   Restore had bunch of fluorescent size 480 to 277 volt step down
  Transformer.  that use on the more rare 480 volt delta system
    Powering them up on 120 volt on the input gave me this wacky
   Results of 208’volts on the output.  Also i have bunch of HVAC transformer that have 208 volt tapping I can stack up.  Resulting
 In a hobbie that allowed me to run almost anything that I wanted
  And keeping the lighting fixture more orginal like the Cooper OVW
  Texas street light. And to run my H35 700 watt mercury lamps.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies