Author Topic: Purple street lights?  (Read 2649 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Purple street lights? « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 12:20:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As I said, not enough life testing has been carried out.

They can do as much projection forecasting as they like, but until they've been running for X amount of years they don't know what will happen to them.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Purple street lights? « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 02:46:30 AM » Author: Medved
As I said, not enough life testing has been carried out.

They can do as much projection forecasting as they like, but until they've been running for X amount of years they don't know what will happen to them.  :wndr:

It is more the "whishful thinking" when in terpreting the accelerated test data.
Does some (accelerated) test suggest a problem? "Bring be some proof it is that bad (explanation,...). You don't have such proof so can not rule out a test inaccuracy? So don't delay the production start".

Problem is, from the tons of tests there are really very frequent occasions when  the indirect test results show up pessimistic, but the reality then shows it is just fine. So ignoring unfavorable results when they are somehow questionable (e.g. using long stretch extrapolation,...), instead of really evaluating why the results showed up the way they showed (so going to ignore them only when proven to be really wrong by further analysis), becomes the default way to do business by many companies. Many times it plays out OK, but many times those test predictions turn out to be real problems.

No more selfballasted c***

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Purple street lights? « Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 01:36:54 AM » Author: Michael
Here the street lights with the Philips FORTIMO LED tend to lose their phosphor panels leaving a string of purple light on the road.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Purple street lights? « Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 09:55:01 PM » Author: 589
There’s a stretch of shoeboxes on spring street downtown close to the varsity purpled out. A quick search for purple streetlights yields local news stories across the country, but as the usual worthless modern journalism dictates, there are no other details other than it’s a “defect”. No mention of what brands or what the “defect” is, etc. This must be a phenomenon across the country, they last for 10 years and you’ll save so much money they said :rolleyes: . Just another scam to get you off of your wallet to “save the planet”. God forbid we actually re-use and maintain something in this country. Some big business couldn’t turn as much profit off of it as laying waste to the landscape for raw materials in some foreign country while paying pennies to the factory workers to make an entire fixture that might last as long as one light bulb in the name of “saving the planet”. What a crock.

I guess I’m a bit sassy this evening 🙃, please excuse me.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:09:55 PM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies