Author Topic: Revised Upload Limit  (Read 24415 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #60 on: November 25, 2021, 11:00:15 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Rommie
Anyone remember karma..?
Never used it myself or even paid attention to the ratings, but
Only thing I can remember is that at one time you could give a thumbs up/down type thing for photos, and it was being abused, so it was removed.
The basic idea behind it is good if used correctly...but it wasn't (and likely wouldn't be if brought back). So yep, best kept gone.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #61 on: November 25, 2021, 02:55:05 PM » Author: joseph_125
Technically there is a top rated category in the gallery but it isn't very useful as it shows the top rated from the beginning of LG instead of recent pictures like modern rating systems.

Also most members don't use the rating system, either rating other's pictures or enabling rating on their gallery...which has been made opt in now.
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #62 on: January 08, 2022, 02:13:28 PM » Author: Alex
Hello,

I have to say that I am quite amazed how, since the installation of this tool as well as the installation of the upload approval the quality of the posts here increased. I think it was a very good step to bring this sit back to a niveau were I  can really enjoy watching and using it. I will also try to contribute more if i find more time, as it seems to me that know it is again worth the effort.

best regards,

Alex

Glück auf ⚒️

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #63 on: January 08, 2022, 02:31:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Thank you Alex, that's good to know  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #64 on: February 15, 2022, 12:36:02 AM » Author: Burrito
I have not really uploaded any photos to this site other than a few of fixtures in my collection. It's been my plan to start posting more I just haven't gotten on that yet. Regarding coming to the site to view others photos, I will say that I usually don't even bother clicking on photos that are low quality. I want to see a good clear photo of whatever it is I'm looking at. Whether it's a luminaire, lamp, photocontrol or whatever. If I see a blurry photo of a luminaire on a pole and I can't even see the details of it, I don't bother wasting my time clicking on it.

There are plenty of members that take awesome photos and even close ups of luminaires that really show detail and those are the ones I want to see.

However there are a group of members that I notice continually upload the absolute worst photos and all I can ask is why bother? I won't start calling out members by name of course but who wants to look at a blurry blob on a screen? There's always an excuse such as I was in a moving car or something along those lines. Well I've taken a few good quality photos in a moving car. They're posted to my gallery on GoL. And if I get a blurry low quality photo I delete it and don't waste my time or others time posting it. As well as wasting space on the website.

I agree that the upload limit should only apply to those that are continually posting horrible photos, as kind of a punishment I guess you could say. Those that are posting quality photos I wouldn't want their uploads limited. I want to see more of their photos.
Yep, i am one of them :(

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #65 on: February 15, 2022, 09:56:53 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I think it's just because you're a new member.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #66 on: February 15, 2022, 09:57:50 AM » Author: Burrito
idk :-\

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Revised Upload Limit « Reply #67 on: February 15, 2022, 10:30:08 AM » Author: Rommie
I think it's just because you're a new member.
In part. New members are automatically on upload approval until they have demonstrated that the quality of their uploads meet site requirements. The time taken for this will obviously vary from person to person, if it takes longer for one person than another, that's just how it is, it should not be interpreted as any form of punishment.

If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact one of the admin team for advice.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies