Author Topic: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED  (Read 1879 times)
Dan The Bulb Man

View Posts
View Gallery

HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « on: November 02, 2021, 07:39:19 AM » Author: Dan The Bulb Man
HELP! The town I live in is going LED and all the old lights including all the MV 121s are being removed. I want one but nothing I do seems to be getting me any closer to one. Any suggestions would be taken into account!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:48:10 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Wow that’s sad. What are they putting up?

I’d suggest typing a letter up with a title in big letters saying ATTENTION STREETLIGHT REPLACEMENT CREW with some reasons why you want the lights and make sure to tell them that you’re a collector interested in street lights. You may have to give a small description of the specific lights due to the fact that to the crew, it’s just a street light and they all look the same. Type any contact info so they can write back and to possibly set some lights aside for you.

Good luck getting these!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 05:50:05 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Try contacting the town's office . Find out who's doing the change out and contact them directly .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 07:29:10 PM » Author: Walter Knox
Where I live they are leaving all the old HPS street lights until they burn out at which point they are just replacing them with LEDs. I am not to big into steet lights but I can't stand LEDs, and the street light at the edge of my driveway has gone out, but I would rather have no streetlight than the harsh blue glow of whatever LEDs they are using, so I have not called and nobody seems to care, so it will just stay out. I have half of a mind to find out what type of lamp it takes and just change it, I have ways of getting up to it, and we live on a street that has no traffic and the light is on the edge of my property, I am sure they wouldnt like that. but nobody would say anything anyway.
Dan The Bulb Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 03:11:07 PM » Author: Dan The Bulb Man
UPDATE: I saw the people who are changing the lights out today on my way to work and stopped and talked to the guy about getting one. It is the town that’s doing the change over. I was unable to acquire one today but they said to go to the town public works office to ask so I’ll be doing that tomorrow afternoon. The guy seemed surprised that that I’d ever ask for one. So hopefully I’ll get one soon
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 03:33:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hopefully they'll listen to you, and who knows they might find that selling the fixures is more lucrative than scrapping them.  :wndr:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 06:07:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Good luck ! I hope you can get at least one .  :mvcobrahd:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Dan The Bulb Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 02:57:56 PM » Author: Dan The Bulb Man
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-205967

Well after much hope and wishing the day came that I got one. Went to the town public works office and the guy who changed the lights had told the supervisor that I would be stopping by so, they were expecting me. They told me I could have them all but I unfortunately do not have space for them but, I did get one of the last in tact MV 121s they were already in the process of scrapping them. Did not cost me a thing to get it.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: HELP! the Joslyn mv121s in my town are being taken down for LED « Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 09:45:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
See some good things happen, and you were beginning to think you wouldn't get any.!!  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies