Author Topic: Materials for building magnetically ballasted HID and fluorescent chandeliers  (Read 910 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Materials for building magnetically ballasted HID and fluorescent chandeliers « on: November 13, 2021, 06:57:50 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In my dream house, I have been envisioning magnetically ballasted high pressure sodium, metal halide, mercury vapor, low pressure sodium, preheat CFL, and preheat linear fluorescent chandeliers lighting almost every room of my house. I am wondering if anyone knows of any good materials that I can use to build these chandeliers that can support the weight of many magnetic ballasts because I am concerned about the weight of magnetic ballasts causing the chandelier to collapse and pose a lethal safety hazard.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Materials for building magnetically ballasted HID and fluorescent chandeliers « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 01:58:21 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Simply mount them remote  8), I use to have halide lamps in my kitchen, the gear sets were mounted under the floorboards upstairs above each light, I also once DID have a halide chandelier!, it was made of brass with glass beads, (to withstand the heat), the lamp was a single 100 watt Osram HQI-E, with the gear again being under the upstairs floorboards above the fixture.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies