Author Topic: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen.  (Read 2942 times)
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « on: August 21, 2009, 06:15:26 PM » Author: KEDER
Ive never seen a cobrahead fixture with metal halide on it, or maybe i have, but i dont remember it.

The one i saw was an AE model 125. 400w Metal halide. in front of the pool at my school.

well im not surprised its metal halide, cause all the lights around the school are metal halide (except for some HPS on the old buildings walls) but this is a loner cobrahead. ill try to get a picture one day. its lighting up a sidewalk. the pool is next to the4 old building. it has a red "40" nema tagon it.and it was an AE 125. have any of you seen ametal halide 400w AE 125?
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:59 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I have seen MH fixtures, around here we have some GE M-400A3 MHs, along with some AE 115 MHs and GE M-250R2 MH....but good question on what was the very first MH cobrahead ever made, that is something I myself do not know.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:07:59 AM » Author: Alights
Some 400W Mh cobras streetlights are appearing in my area i have yet to see them lit. I hope they are going to replace hps fixtures with MH.
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:20:19 PM » Author: KEDER
At my school, they love metal halide lamps. even inside the building, (not the gym) they have those circle built in to the cieling HID MH lamps. some have MV in it though.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:15:22 AM » Author: lite_lover
The first metal halide cobraheads I've seen were on a visit South across the border into Washington State,they were Hubbel RLM FCO used at the railroad crossings.

The brighter the better.

chapman84
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:27 AM » Author: chapman84
I have seen 400 watt MH cobraheads used on the highway in the Pittsburgh Mills area in Frazier near where I live.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 12:57:43 PM » Author: FGS
Metal halide cobrahead around here are extremely rare. Only two places I have ever seen them. One is at a private road and FCO. Other is even more rare! It's a former HPS cobrahead converted to MH. (Has the yellow nema tag on it.)

As for the shoeboxes MHs. They're common as mud. ;) Only parking lots has them.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 07:35:09 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
There is a MH on a public road near my job...it's a brown/bronze 400 watt GE M-400A3 sag lens!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 01:51:55 AM » Author: Silverliner
There are many MH cobraheads that I know of, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, San Marino, Pasadena, Burbank, and others have em in select areas. They range from 100w to 1000w.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: First metal halide cobrahead i have seen. « Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 05:02:31 AM » Author: joseph_125
I've seen metal halide cobraheads near Montreal along autoroute 20 I think they were Lumec Helios fixtures and used 400W lamps.

In Ontario, the only metal halide streetlights are the gumballs installed in Toronto, I have only seen metal halide cobraheads in parking lots and private roads.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies