Author Topic: New delivery service!  (Read 3794 times)
Gearjammer
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 02:13:20 PM » Author: Gearjammer
Did they send it through a portal to another dimension? Let’s hope not.
Be sure to check out the 1985 movie "My Science Project" for things warping in and out of other dimensions.
What a great 80s movie and it's "clean" no "R" rating.
I love the part where they have to outrun the power source in a souped up 1970s GTO in order to dynamite the transmission lines!
The so-called "gizmo" in the movie makes me think of something that MadMax probably has in his room :lol:
The movie sure has an 80s cult following and both me and my sister WigWag are part of it!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: New delivery service! « Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 02:21:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Jamie, I've not heard of that film. :wndr:

Could it have been released over here under a different title.?

I was afraid that it had been sent to the Dungeon Dimensions that are a feature of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of novels.  :poof:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:24:05 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New delivery service! « Reply #17 on: November 22, 2021, 02:32:11 PM » Author: Rommie
Oh no, not the Dungeon Dimensions :poof:

Things with tentacles live there  @-@ :o  :poof:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Gearjammer
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 02:39:38 PM » Author: Gearjammer
The movie wasn't exactly a huge budget blockbuster so I'd be surprised if it was ever released in Europe.
Given that it is still has a popular 80s cult following it may have been released briefly on DVD in your part of the world under it's original title.
The biggest name actor in the movie is Dennis Hopper.
John Stockwell who played "Cougar" in "Top Gun" is the main star.
Jennifer loves this movie and it has inspired both of our writing.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New delivery service! « Reply #19 on: November 23, 2021, 08:43:12 PM » Author: funkybulb
That movie my Science project got lor cool school house fixturex in there.   Yeah it a goofy low budget film.  But  fun to watch.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WigWag
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 08:55:25 PM » Author: WigWag
Actually there's a lot of vintage lighting seen throughout the movie.
You're right it is fun to watch, it's very 80s.
Vinnie absolutely cracks me up!
WigWag
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #21 on: November 23, 2021, 09:05:10 PM » Author: WigWag
You mean this guy? :lol:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New delivery service! « Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 09:14:06 PM » Author: Rommie
That's no good, I have enough trouble sleeping as it is  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2021, 10:38:41 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I now have a copy of the blu ray on its way to really see why y’all like this. :wndr: :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 10:56:28 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I watched it and it was a hell of a ride. :lol: Good movie though, and very 80s. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WigWag
Re: New delivery service! « Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 12:10:15 AM » Author: WigWag
That movie has inspired some of my writing... Kicking around a fanfiction tale of what happens when they come back for that "gizmo"
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies