Author Topic: Magnetic ballasts for Philips CPO-TW lamps in Mexico  (Read 547 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Magnetic ballasts for Philips CPO-TW lamps in Mexico « on: November 26, 2021, 02:11:05 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While browsing Mexican ballast catalogs, I have noticed that in ISB Sola Basic's catalog, they actually manufacture magnetic ballasts that are designed for operating Philips' CPO-TW CosmoWhite ceramic metal halide lamps. I find it strange to know that magnetic ballasts designed for Philips' CPO-TW CosmoWhite lamps actually do exist because most of us know that they usually use electronic ballasts. ISB Sola Basic makes them for 60w, 90w, and 140w CosmoWhite lamps.

You can find these ballasts listed on page 118 of the following catalog:

http://grupo-ame.com/catalogos/29-1.pdf

Does anyone think that magnetic ballasts for Philips CPO-TW CosmoWhite lamps are flawed in design and that they should be discontinued?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 02:18:08 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Magnetic ballasts for Philips CPO-TW lamps in Mexico « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 04:22:28 AM » Author: dor123
The Philips CPO-TW performs best on electronic ballasts, have the fastest run-up time, and longest life.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Magnetic ballasts for Philips CPO-TW lamps in Mexico « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 05:37:46 AM » Author: Rommie
Interesting, but the lamp and electronic ballast were designed to go together. I don't understand why someone would go to the time and trouble to design a magnetic ballast when Philips had already designed the electronic ballast specifically for it  ???

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies