Author Topic: New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025  (Read 900 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025 « on: November 10, 2021, 01:44:53 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After reading the following article, it has come to my attention there is some possible evidence that the US might ban most incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs, high CRI linear fluorescent tubes, CFL lamps, and even all new HID lighting nationwide by 2025 by developing stricter energy efficiency standards for general lighting lamps that are not LED. I feel that by then, this 2025 revision may spell the end of most non-LED light sources in the US.

Here is the article where I sourced the information:

https://www.actionservicesgroup.com/blog/the-incandescent-light-bulb-ban-what-you-need-to-know-in-2021/

This article is dated 9 June 2021.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025 « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 02:06:53 AM » Author: dor123
This can be easily fake news, especially if the website isn't known or suspected.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025 « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 04:19:47 AM » Author: Medved
According to that article the standard applies to all general lighting service sources, include LEDs (the LEDs will just easily meet its requirements).

According to me, it was to be expected, when most of the world (according to the economic power) already went that way.
If the standard will be worded in a similar way how e.g. the European one is, standard incandescent "light bulbs" will be banned, but not e.g. the "rough service", nor oven, nor fridge ones (not "general service" lamps) nor heat bulbs (not "light sources" per their purpose) would be affected, so there may be quite a few loopholes.
But the wording may differ.

No more selfballasted c***

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025 « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 07:05:08 PM » Author: nicksfans
That article is very vague. It just says tighter regulations are expected in 2025 but doesn't say what they will be.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: New US Department of Energy Standards in 2025 « Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 07:08:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
That article is very vague. It just says tighter regulations are expected in 2025 but doesn't say what they will be.

Based on past bulb bans and an accelerated adoption to LED lighting, I do predict that those 2025 regulations will ban all F40T12 tubes, all F96T12 tubes, most general lighting incandescent and halogen lamps, all CFL lamps, and possibly all HID lamps, ballasts, and fixtures for good.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies