Author Topic: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube?  (Read 1506 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « on: November 26, 2021, 10:50:06 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While imagining how nostalgic it was to think of fluorescent tubes as an energy efficient light source, I am wondering which white T12 fluorescent tubes are the most energy efficient in terms of lumens per watt.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 11:52:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Maybe the old style "Lite White" tubes, I recall they were a brighter phosphor in terms of lumens but as the expense of CRI. I would take a look in a fluorescent lamp catalogue from the 70s and 80s, during the peak of the T12 era.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 01:10:33 AM » Author: dor123
Triphosphors have the best efficiency of all phosphors.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 01:39:58 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Triphosphors have the best efficiency of all phosphors.

Philips North America had Advantage 800 triphosphor F40T12 tubes that had a lumen output of 3,600 lumens.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 01:54:30 AM » Author: joseph_125
Westinghouse had a F40HE in the 1975 catalogue that had a impressive output of 3650 lumens.

A side note, note the 34w preheat only Econo Watt. Those must be rare to find now.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 11:45:30 PM » Author: AngryHorse
In the UK, even back in the 90s, the 840, tri-phosphor, 100 watt, 8 foot tube was pushing out 95 lumens per watt!, I don’t understand why they were originally banned to be honest??
That was better than the 78 lumens per watt halides at the time!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 12:03:12 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I wonder the same about the T12 lamps. The modern "EPACT compliant" lamps have nowhere near the lumen output of the older T12 lamps. Personally I prefer the trade off of higher lumens than 90+ CRI for my T12 lamps.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 12:10:52 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I’m wondering if it was more the ‘mercury’ thing that efficiency?, some of the 5 foot tri-phosphor tubes of the early 2000s were that bright, that when used in twin battens, they weren’t easy to look at!
The same goes with the PL lamp, but we can still get packs of those here  8)

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 11:38:03 PM » Author: nicksfans
GE F96T12/XL/HL41/WM is among the most efficient T12s at 98 lm/W. It's so efficient that it actually meets EISA standards and doesn't have to rely on a CRI exemption. Sadly, I believe it is out of production.

https://www.gecurrent.com/catalog/8-t12-instant-start-watt-miser-lamp-66858

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 06:32:24 PM » Author: James
In the UK I believe the 8ft 85W Tri was the most efficient.  The Thorn Polylux-4000 CRI82 4000K delivered 8450lm for 85W power consumption, at 99.4 lm/W falling just short of the 100 lm/W barrier.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 02:59:57 AM » Author: AngryHorse
And again, the 85s were the first they stopped making!!, doesn’t make any scene at all?? :wndr:

Welcome to OBLIVION

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the most energy efficient T12 fluorescent tube? « Reply #11 on: December 14, 2021, 11:35:22 PM » Author: funkybulb
For me  it be full power light white T10 40 watts

But for T12 it be Maintance engineering alpine whites.   They say it bright enough to delamp a pair in the troffers to provide energy savings

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies