Author Topic: Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures  (Read 1009 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures « on: December 01, 2021, 06:45:40 PM » Author: thelightingman
I have wanted one of these for a while and I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know where I could find one?

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 10:56:41 AM » Author: Burrito
eBay, just search up hps teardrop

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 02:02:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
eBay, just search up hps teardrop

Actually, when I typed in "hps teardrop" on eBay, it yielded no results of the actual lanterns. The term "teardrop" is not used by the general public in reference to the lanterns with that style, and the term "teardrop" is only used by collectors alone.

Here is a link to the results I got when searching "hps teardrop" on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=hps+teardrop&_sacat=0

Note that they are not what you are looking for.

It is also the same whenever I type in "fluorescent halfpiper" on eBay too since the term "halfpiper" is primarily used by lighting collectors alone to refer to a type of vintage fluorescent light fixture.

Here are my results on eBay when typing in "fluorescent halfpiper" in the search bar:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=fluorescent+halfpiper&_sacat=0

You might get better results if you search "vintage street light" on eBay.

Here is an incandescent teardrop that I found on eBay that you can convert to high pressure sodium by wiring a ballast to the lantern, but the pricing is extremely expensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185079184743?hash=item2b17943d67:g:Z1EAAOSwn35hVQDu
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:16:43 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 02:32:36 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
There's loads of various vintage street lights on eBay. You just need to put a little effort into searching for them. Trying different search terms will give you more results. There may not be a HPS teardrop specifically but I've seen a bunch of teardrops on eBay recently.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted: HPS teardrop fixtures « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 03:07:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah don't use the collector names for them. It's better to use vague terms such as "vintage streetlight" or search by the manufacturer and model if you know it. Anyway if you're talking about the reproduction teardrops, Holophane and King Luminaire are some companies that make them.

A search for "Holophane Streetlight" yielded this 100w HPS "Memphis" model

They're not cheap but considering I heard these cost around $1000 brand new, $650 seems to be a deal. If you want a cheap one, you're better off finding a used one locally (I've found gumballs for a cheap as $50 in the past) and then rigging up some remote ballast for it.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies