Author Topic: Tried WS2812 pixels and WLED this year  (Read 1396 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Tried WS2812 pixels and WLED this year « on: December 12, 2021, 08:26:50 PM » Author: takemorepills
Well, what do y'all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdrOqjMv2k

I am usually pretty anti-LED, but I like to tinker so I put 500 (now it's 499 due to a failure) WS2812 pixels on our tree this year.
I use a ESP8266 and a 300w power supply to power the tree.
On full white the tree consumes 180 watts! So much for "LED efficiency" this thing hogs more power than Grandma's Christmas tree!

I am super impressed by the light color quality of these pixels. They are "just" RGB, but they can mimic even warm white fairly well. Even the blue scene, the blue color is "soft" (I added some white to it) and doesn't blow out the camera.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Tried WS2812 pixels and WLED this year « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 11:35:25 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Looks good.

Those LED 'pixel bulbs' are pretty cool. (don't have any myself due to the high cost, and the need for running your lights off a 12vdc powersupply - I only do 120vac stuff)
There's a group of people here that do up their whole houses for Christmas with that type of lighting  (I go to the little group meetings)

Most use the Xlights software for programming/sequencing their show, and Falcon Pi Player(FPP) for actually running/playing the show. (use FPP myself with my standard lights)
Oh and recently added FPP has the ability to 'talk to' WLED stuff.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies