Author Topic: What to do with your burned out lamps?  (Read 574 times)
RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

What to do with your burned out lamps? « on: December 15, 2021, 01:58:01 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I was just wondering: what do you guys do with your burned out lamps? If you have something rare like a medium pressure mercury lamp or a clear SBMV, I can’t imagine wanting to throw it out once it has run its course.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What to do with your burned out lamps? « Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 02:12:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Depends on what it is. I don't see the point in holding on to a failed normal old incandescent household bulb, but something old or rare would most likely go on the shelf as a display lamp.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What to do with your burned out lamps? « Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 05:20:52 PM » Author: Econolite03
Well, if they are of value then I just keep them in my bulb box. However if it’s just burnt out modern generic stuff that isn’t special then it either gets recycled or goes straight to the dumpster.

Now on Linktree

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What to do with your burned out lamps? « Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 05:21:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
Depends on the rarity of it and if I have a working example. Something that's rare and I only have one example of I'll hold on to it. Something rare that I have another working example of I'll hold on or pass it on to another collector. Something common I'll probably just dispose of.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies