Author Topic: Magnetic rapid start ballasts  (Read 2184 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Magnetic rapid start ballasts « on: December 18, 2021, 04:47:08 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Anyone know where I can get 4-6 magnetic rapid start ballasts that are all the same and for F40T12 lamps? :wndr:

Thanks in advance. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 04:49:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are you looking for ballasts designed for one fluorescent tube or ballasts designed for 2 fluorescent tubes?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 05:16:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
The cheapest way would be to probably get a bunch of T12 2x4 troffers and take the ballasts out. 3 troffers will net you 6 ballasts. If you're lucky you can sometimes get them for free on sites like FB Marketplace or Craigslist.

There's a eBay seller here with 4 Advance R-2S40-TP ballast for sale for $7 each.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 05:35:45 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Thanks joe, are the mark 3s full power ballasts? I have a mark 2 and it is.

@WWHID they would be two lamp ballasts.

RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:18:57 PM » Author: RadxD461
Anyone know where I can get 4-6 magnetic rapid start ballasts that are all the same and for F40T12 lamps? :wndr:

Thanks in advance. 8)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203090313597
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 08:40:32 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Someone already got to the mark III ballasts. :P :-\

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 09:02:53 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
If you can't find the specific ballast you're after... Just keep lookout for any ballast that has a line current of 0.80a as these are considered full power for 2 lamp magnetic RS ballast.

Administrator #5

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 09:57:32 PM » Author: Patrick
I have plenty of spare Advance Mark III ballasts plus few other brands.  They are 0.73A but drive lamps close to full power.  They're used and don't have full-length leads, but they do work.  If you (or anyone else) is interested, feel free to send me a message.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #8 on: December 22, 2021, 12:51:18 PM » Author: High Intensity
I have a good few Advance Mark III ballasts, Universal Therm-O-Matic/Therm-O-Matic X 446-LR-TC-P ballasts, as well as a number of other brand/models of ballasts I'd be willing to give up. If you're only interested in ballasts with full length leads, I can hook you up with those too (though most of my Mark III and Therm-O-Matic ballasts do already have full length leads).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 12:54:45 PM by High Intensity » Logged
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 01:49:06 PM » Author: sol
I'm resurrecting this thread as I am also looking for 6 ballasts for 2xF40T12 lamps (magnetic rapid start).

Here is specifically what I'm looking for :
-must be magnetic rapid start for 2xF40T12 ;
-must have at least "replacement" length leads (full length would be nice but not really required but not leads cut short) ;
-must be from a reputable manufacturer ;
-no PCB's ;
-must be HPF ;
-preferably all same brand and model number ;
-preferably full power but I will accept close to full power ;
-shipping to Canada.

These are not so much for collection pieces but for actual use so I'm after something that has some reliability. Date of manufacture is not important.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade so this would have to be a PayPal deal.

Many thanks !

sol
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 03:32:52 PM » Author: joseph_125
These aren't too bad of a buy if you buy all 4 and you make them a offer.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/274751433762

Unfortunately they only have 4 and they're 0.73A. On the plus side, the seller says they're NOS and look to have full length leads. Power Lighting Products took over the ballast line from Valmont, which took over US GE's ballast line and I believe they're decent.

If you're ok with used and have some time, I would look around Kijiji/Facebook/Restore for either loose ballasts (should be only $5-10 each) or old T12 fixtures to pull the ballasts out of (free - $20), then either put T8 ballasts in the fixtures and resell/give away or just junk them.   
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 03:52:45 PM » Author: Patrick
I have 6+ of used ballasts like these if you or anybody else wants them.  I'm not looking to make money on them, but international shipping may be pricey.  They are used and lead length varies.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #12 on: July 03, 2022, 08:38:16 PM » Author: sol
@joseph : Thanks for the link, I must have missed it.

@Patrick : I'll think about it and let you know in a few days.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #13 on: July 03, 2022, 09:53:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
@sol, no problem. I've been keeping tabs on F40 rapid start ballasts myself too. It's mainly so I can have a good quality spare in case the ballast in my louvered light fails.

I've been looking for mostly full length lead 0.80A Philips or CGE ballasts although they're not as plentiful compared to a few years ago.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Magnetic rapid start ballasts « Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 11:39:53 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ Bulbman : If you happen to get out this way , I have several F40 2 lamp ballast I don't need . They're yours if you want them . Some are used and some are NOS . Various brands . Advance , GE , Magnatek and Motorola .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies