Author Topic: North American ES probe start QMH lamps overheating their intended ballasts?  (Read 520 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
North American ES probe start QMH lamps overheating their intended ballasts? « on: December 21, 2021, 09:04:30 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After knowing that North American F34T12 fluorescent tubes are notoriously known for overheating most F40T12 fluorescent tube ballasts due to the reduced arc voltage, I have noticed that the North American energy saver probe start quartz metal halide lamps designed for retrofitting existing fixtures for energy saving have an arc voltage that is significantly lower compared to their full power counterparts. For example, even though 360w M165 probe start metal halide lamps are intended to retrofit 400w M59 probe start metal halide fixtures for energy saving purposes, I noticed that their arc voltage drop is 115v rather than 135v for full power 400w M59 probe start metal halide lamps. Due to the lower arc voltage of such lamps, have there been any instances of these 360w M165 probe start metal halide lamps overheating 400w M59 probe start metal halide ballasts, 150w M107 probe start metal halide lamps overheating 175w M57 probe start metal halide ballasts, and Westinghouse 300w Econo-watt probe start metal halide lamps overheating 400w M59 probe start metal halide ballasts?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies