Author Topic: How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country?  (Read 883 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country? « on: December 16, 2021, 12:01:35 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
As the world is replacing traditional lighting with LED lighting, it seems likely that in the near future, there will be a point in our lifetimes in which we will very rarely see a single fluorescent lamp and a single HID lamp in active working service that is outside of our collections. Does anybody live in a country where HID lamps and fluorescent lamps are already rarer than hen's teeth to see in active working service outside of collections?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country? « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 09:50:42 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I wouldn't say rare yet but it seems that over here it's now on the point where commercial installations will install only leds when it's time to relamp. All the new installations have been led for few years already and seems to favour fixtures with integrated led modules.

I would assume it will take few more years untill rest of installation with scheduled maintenance program has been changed to leds and after that only low use places are left.

Existing HID installations in street lighting are now HPS and still seems to be maintained if the fixtures are in good condition. Faulty ones will be replaced with led so you see some mixed installation.  Commercial side seems to have moved out from MH lamps in shop lighting. 

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Nisei

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country? « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 06:47:40 PM » Author: Nisei
Does anybody live in a country where HID lamps and fluorescent lamps are already rarer than hen's teeth to see in active working service outside of collections?
Dude, still even loads SON and SOX overhere. I can't believe they're so rare on your side of the pond nowadays...

John

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country? « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 07:03:06 PM » Author: Rommie
Not so many here these days  :'(

There were still some SOX motorway installations north of London a couple of years ago, but I've not been on that stretch of road since so whether they are still there or not (M40 approaching M25) I don't know. I hope so  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: How rare are HID and fluorescent lamps in your country? « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 08:17:30 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Dude, still even loads SON and SOX overhere. I can't believe they're so rare on your side of the pond nowadays...

In some parts of the US, there are still some areas still populated by HID and fluorescent fixtures. They are on a sad road to total extinction eventually.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies