Author Topic: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture?  (Read 1197 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « on: December 24, 2021, 12:40:19 AM » Author: Econolite03
In this day and age of cheap spatulas, fly swatters or waffle irons littering parking lots, not all LED parking lot lights are bad. Recently, new LED products have entered the market that actually seem pretty decent with reduced glare, light trespass, and improved reliability.

Recently, a local shopping center installed the new Hyper Series fixtures by Altech Electronics. Upon visiting the property, the fixtures produce a clean white light, with clean edges and minimal glare. The fixtures replaced Gardco Form 10s in 400W MH, with the new LED fixtures using only 150W. The fixtures vastly outperform the old Gardco Form 10s and are by far the best LED parking lot lights I’ve ever seen. So far, the fixtures have held up well with no EOLs in sight since being installed in 2020.

In conclusion, if LEDs are done right they aren’t so bad and can in some scenarios outperform HID or other luminaries on the market.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 12:41:38 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Good to hear of another decent LED light. Only time will tell though. Also, those lights look similar to the Cree OSQ.
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 02:02:37 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've recently discovered a company called NLS Lighting. They're based in Carson, CA and their products are made in the USA. The only product that I've seen by them in person is the VUE. The optics look very advanced; however, the glare may or may not be a problem. Some of their fixtures mimic HID fixtures quite closely, such as the VSS-2. The fixtures that utilize the same optics as the VSS-2 are made of silicone, which may or may not reduce glare. They also do post tops, bollards, flood lights, and even sports lighting.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 07:52:26 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Those still look like cheap glarebombs from China. I’d still choose a Lithonia D Series or Cree OSQ any day. Those new Leotek Arieta Comfortguides will be something to see when I see one.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 08:03:29 AM » Author: dor123
I've never seen here in Israel, good LED parking lot fixtures. All of them are much glaring than the MH fixtures they were replaced.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Best LED Parking Lot Fixture? « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 09:48:15 AM » Author: Econolite03
They might look like the typical generic stuff from China off Amazon, but at night performance wise they actually seem anything but that.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies