Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 9279 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #45 on: June 13, 2021, 12:32:44 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I've changed my opinion on the Verdeon. I really don't mind how ugly it is; in fact, I don't think it's ugly at all! As for performance, they really don't seem that bad. The Navion is far worse as far as performance goes. They color shift and they die prematurely. One (and pretty much the only) downside of the Verdeon is the glare. In my opinion, it's performance, not looks, that determine whether a fixture is good or bad.

I agree with you. One thing I wish they would do is to change the position of the PC socket though. Looks a bit weird with it over the LEDs, but it's what makes it unique I guess.

zzz

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

TCF fan!

hm1000
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #46 on: December 29, 2021, 09:09:07 PM » Author: HM1000
"What's the worst LED fixture you have seen?"

So far, all of them!  I was watching the news, and they had a story about how LED streetlights are bad for people because of the color temperature and how many people are advocating against them now, many of them being MDs and DOs, because of how they affect people's sleep.  Some cities have started ordering LED fixtures with 3000 & 3500K color temperatures instead of the between 4-6000K color temps that have been seen going up. My PCP prefers HPS luminaires due to the warm hues.  I asked him what he says when people ask about the terrible CRI, and he said that if you want to see things for their color, wait for daylight, but streetlights are designed to light the street and if they do that, and do not affect the sleep patterns of his patients, then they are doing their job.  He thinks LEDs are just someone's political game
Me too there just energy guzzlers and are a big political game!

If you think electrically, you'll live electrically. Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 15, not 14 btw.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF_U6Bvj_7Aw4SeY-SUU-w/videos

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies