Author Topic: Hi from the Netherlands  (Read 747 times)
Nisei

View Posts
View Gallery

Hi from the Netherlands « on: December 25, 2021, 10:04:27 AM » Author: Nisei
Hi all
I have been interested in Nixie tubes and neon for many years now and recently I was talking to a friend of mine, who's a Gaffer, about how I loved to look at the lights at the intersection next to my childhood house.
I told him how they would start up with a magenta/red colour and slowly progress to this intense bright yellow.
His reply was just a single word: Socks!
I raised my eyebrows, not sure what to think of it, but when he explained I was so happy I found someone who knew the name of these lamps.
I went looking for streetlights on online auctions and it wasn't long before I had 2 Philips SRL fixtures with 55W SOX lamps in my hobby room.
What a wonderful experience to see these lamps start up from a close distance!
I then wanted some SON lamps as well and bought 10 Industria 2000 units from a holiday park. I'm going to modify them for LED and sell them off again but I'm keeping the 50W SON bulbs, ballasts and capacitors for own use. It's so great to see what other interesting lamps exist on this forum and I'm certain I will have lots more lamps in my house in the near future 8)

John

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hi from the Netherlands « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 10:10:56 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, Nisei :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Hi from the Netherlands « Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 12:30:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hi,

Welcome from Ria (Rommie) and myself in Aberdeen.  :-*

We've got a Beta 5 lantern in the bedroom that comes on in the morning with a timer.  :soxltrn:

And sometimes we even get to see it warming up...  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Hi from the Netherlands « Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 12:34:18 PM » Author: Rommie
We also have a Gamma 6 named Gemma in the living room, also on a timer  :bulbman: :lps:

Hey, we name things, we're silly like that  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Nisei

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hi from the Netherlands « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:50:40 PM » Author: Nisei
How awesome to see people actually have these in their bedroom and living room 8;)
I have one of the Philips SRL fixtures in my hobby room and mostly have it lit when I'm behind my computer. Looking at the monitor at least keeps my perception of colour balanced :lol:

John

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies