Author Topic: G'day  (Read 568 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: G'day « Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 08:41:31 AM » Author: Rommie
Most of the members listed here are inactive, or dormant, sadly. Out of just over a thousand at present, I think we probably have a hundred or so who are actually active, I'll have to do some research and see how many have been on within the last year or so.

I think a lot of people register in order to find out the answer to a question, then when they've either found it or not, go away again and don't bother deleting their accounts. Also we have people who lose interest and don't log on for years, it happens I suppose.

Then we have those members who mystify me the most - those who register and then never even log on. Not even once. Those, I will never understand  ???

I hope you stay around for a while, though  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: G'day « Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 01:15:23 AM » Author: Al_M
I'm not too surprised the people here are spread out, I was bit shocked to see there are only a few hundred members on this forum, nice little community you got going on.  :bulbman:

I do agree about FB, I did quit a while ago but would make an account if I can enter in fake info and only access it via browser.  8)

As for your gallery Al, I recognise the SOX lit street in one of your photos, been down there recently and sad to say it's LED territory now. Though I hope you enjoyed your trip here.

It was a few years ago, so I'm not at all surprised that LED has swept through Adelaide by now. I was only there for two nights and yes I did enjoy the visit; not to put a slight on Adelaide in any way but the streetlighting was the main reason for the visit as at the time it was an absolute goldmine for SOX when it had all but disappeared everywhere else.

I believe that there was more SOX used in Adelaide than any other Australian city ever had; hell you even made your own SOX lanterns there.

Traffic signals & street lighting engineer. Please bring SOX/LPS back Downunder!!

Sodiyum

View Posts
View Gallery

Get your daily dose of Sodium

Re: G'day « Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 04:41:56 AM » Author: Sodiyum
I'll stay a while, still a lot I need to learn and how you have your gallery forum setup provides cool content.  :lps: :mv: :mvblb:

Hahaha aww come on, Adelaide has tons of cool things, like a giant rocking horse, so cool. :P Here for lights sounds good, we don't have a whole lot here other than it just being a chill place to be, I like it mainly for hiking in the hills.

Yes, the sweep happened recently, SA power has a contracting company called Everven who are largely in charge of the transition. But the change has been slow, there are still a lot of SOX lamps out there, especially in the outer areas of the city. There may even be SOX lit roads still but I haven't seen them,(don't travel much these days) the most I've seen in one place within the last year is some main road in the north where it was a 25/75 mix between LPS/HPS respectively.  Cool we made lanterns for SOX, do you happen to know the name of those lanterns?

Wanna see snow lit by SOX.

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: G'day « Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 05:56:19 AM » Author: Al_M
The firm Daylite Adelaide made streetlights for mercury vapour, SOX and fluorescent, but I don't know what any of them were called as I've never seen a catalogue of the DA products. They appear to have made two different SOX lanterns; one open and one closed.

Traffic signals & street lighting engineer. Please bring SOX/LPS back Downunder!!

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies