Author Topic: Evolux LEDs  (Read 2577 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Evolux LEDs « on: October 28, 2009, 02:00:17 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
http://www.earthled.com/evolux-led-light-bulb.html

Here you can see some info.....it has detailed pictures too

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 07:49:09 AM » Author: Foxtronix
I have seen a video on YouTube about this exact lamp.. It shows a camparison between a 100W incandescent, a 13W CFL and the said LED. The LED looks dimmer than the two other.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:58 AM » Author: Medved
Somebody would tell me, then anything relying on moving components would have 50khours life outside the cleanroom...
My guess after a year or two in the "hallway" installation the fan would lock due to dust...

No more selfballasted c***

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:41:43 PM » Author: lightman64
Really neat lamps, would be interested in purchasing one only if the price goes down. $50 dollars a piece for a light bulb is a little much...

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 09:51:10 PM » Author: Foxtronix
As a kid, I was always afraid of seeing the lights turn off, and about that, I only trust incandescents/halogen. One or two LED lamp would be cool, but just for fun and I would mostly keep incandescents and linear fluorescent, even CFLs more than LEDs.

But I don't hate LEDs, I even love them! These are cool for electronics and experiments. However what I (and probably you as well) do NOT want is LEDs everywhere.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:31:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
I might get one of these when the prices drop significantly as a collectible since they look pretty neat to me but not for use as general lighting. For that I prefer the light of incandescent, linear fluorescent and, CFL. I don't like how LEDs are too glary and directional to use in most general lighting.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:33 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
One Finnish city(I think it was kerava) in southern Finland did install led-streetlights in one walkway in test purpose. Everything went fine and fixtures were working fine and giving enought light and saving energy. After first thunder storm many fixtures were dead and city official state that no more led streetlight were to be installed in recent years. I dont remember what type of streetlights they did test but I try to find out that. But this is true story anyway.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 10:49:59 AM » Author: Xytrell
Interesting that they don't list lumen output. They say its comparable to 100W incandescent, but that would make it 135 lm/W including driver and fan losses. That would make the lamp itself output... what?... 150lm/W or more? I don't think LEDs even go that high yet. Also, I agree with the fan statement.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Evolux LEDs « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 12:55:11 PM » Author: Medved
Interesting that they don't list lumen output. They say its comparable to 100W incandescent, but that would make it 135 lm/W including driver and fan losses. That would make the lamp itself output... what?... 150lm/W or more? I don't think LEDs even go that high yet. Also, I agree with the fan statement.

Often such claims mean, then the brightness equel, but only in the direction of the maximum output of the LED. Then it is easy to get >100W equivalent with 2W LED's...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies