Author Topic: Camera updates  (Read 1487 times)
Bean
Camera updates « on: February 13, 2022, 07:01:23 PM » Author: Bean
So, over the last few weeks/months, the condition of my camera screen has only gotten worse. As many of yall know, my screen doesn't work.

The screen has a pixel on the top row and a pixel on the left row that flash green/red sometimes and sometimes behave. There are two lines on the screen right now, sometimes one is completely whites then turns blue from the right to left. There are sometimes up to 5 lines on the screen.

The camera has several dings and stuff and the lense has some stuff on it that shows up in photos sometimes but it still takes photos and videos just fine.

I'll hopefully be getting a new camera soon, I currently have a Canon Elph Powershot 180 that my neighbor gave to me a few years ago. Has 11852 images/vids taken on it right now.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Camera updates « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 07:39:44 AM » Author: rjluna2
Isn't time to get a new digital camera?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Camera updates « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 07:47:33 AM » Author: dor123
My Canon PowerShot SX730 HS, have two scratches, one on the display and one on the lens. I bought it with my father to Camera shop for correction.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Bean
Re: Camera updates « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 03:49:48 PM » Author: Bean
Isn't time to get a new digital camera?
I'm just starting to think so lol
Bean
Re: Camera updates « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 03:50:15 PM » Author: Bean
My Canon PowerShot SX730 HS, have two scratches, one on the display and one on the lens. I bought it with my father to Camera shop for correction.
If the screen wasn't dead, I'd bring it to a camera shop possibly but it'd be cheaper to get a new camera I think.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Camera updates « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 03:55:41 PM » Author: rjluna2
I'm just starting to think so lol
You would probably get better camera for the same price ;)

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Camera updates « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 04:59:39 PM » Author: joseph_125
Try looking at thrift stores, I often see digital cameras there for $20 or less that should be as good or better than your current camera.
Bean
Re: Camera updates « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 07:06:23 PM » Author: Bean
You would probably get better camera for the same price ;)
I think this is as good as it gets free lol
Bean
Re: Camera updates « Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 07:06:42 PM » Author: Bean
Try looking at thrift stores, I often see digital cameras there for $20 or less that should be as good or better than your current camera.
How old?
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Camera updates « Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 07:21:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
Usually from late 2000s to early 2010s. They won't have features like Bluetooth, Wifi, or 4K video but will still take decent quality pictures unless you get something below 4MP.

Now obviously I can't answer for what's in the thrift stores in your area, you'll have to pay them a visit to see. Maybe you'll also find some cool lamps there too. 
Bean
Re: Camera updates « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 08:39:19 PM » Author: Bean
I've been toying with the idea of going to one. I actually discovered that with phone cameras at the right angle you can see the display in color.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Camera updates « Reply #11 on: February 18, 2022, 07:32:17 AM » Author: rjluna2
There you go :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies