Author Topic: What is the best blink happy ballast for a F20T12 fixture?  (Read 1017 times)
davidnonledfan

View Posts
View Gallery

What is the best blink happy ballast for a F20T12 fixture? « on: May 13, 2022, 11:51:56 PM » Author: davidnonledfan
I have bought myself a F20T12 fixture and it has a Magnetek RS ballast in it but I want to convert it possibly to preheat, what are the suggestions of what ballast I should use?

20 years old and I love old phones and lighting. I love filament/ incandescent shaped LEDs and regular LED tube LEDs on a magnetic ballast. I don't do well with the all in one integrated world. Catch me eventually using T17 lighting at my own place

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the best blink happy ballast for a F20T12 fixture? « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 12:20:18 PM » Author: funkybulb
Well i have some good news preheat ballast is Getting expensive  and harder to find.   First measure the voltage between the red and blue and see if u get at least 200 volt or better open circuit.  If this correct then it be estentally a Single lamp F40 ballast with extra
 Cathode heating.  What u do disconnect yellows and one of red and
 Blue wire.   And put starters across each pins on each end of the two lamps.  Just wire rest in series.   Then u got your self a series
2 lamp preheat out of a rapid start ballast.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies