Author Topic: New logo?  (Read 990 times)
HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
New logo? « on: February 27, 2022, 12:19:55 AM » Author: HM1000
I am not sure why i am thinking about this, but i feel like we get a new logo style. Don't decide to ban for this please? :-\

Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 16, not 14 BTW.
I'm on Discord! (username: HMA-60 #4211) I have anxiety
& Autism!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New logo? « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:53:58 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I know this is old now, but i just seen this. No you wont be banned lol.

There is a sort of newer logo I made a while back but it only lives on the site credit list. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/credits.html

Administrator #5

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
Re: New logo? « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 02:30:11 PM » Author: HM1000
Wait, you make the logos?
It is an awesome logo too!

Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 16, not 14 BTW.
& Autism!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New logo? « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 03:03:34 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I made the one linked in my last post, but the one on the main sites not mine. Thanks for the compliments!

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New logo? « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 05:22:18 PM » Author: Rommie
I'm a great believer in the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Too many websites continually change things; they add this, take away that, and generally mess with things that don't need messing with, all for what..? They usually say something like "To improve the customer experience."

Personally, I like this site just the way it is. I don't want an "experience", whatever that is, nor do I want things "improved" unless they actually need it.

Ok that's my 2p, I'll shut up now  :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
Re: New logo? « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 05:46:50 PM » Author: HM1000
I know, It was just a thought of mine.

I am 16, not 14 BTW.
& Autism!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New logo? « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 07:04:52 PM » Author: joseph_125
I'm a great believer in the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Too many websites continually change things; they add this, take away that, and generally mess with things that don't need messing with, all for what..? They usually say something like "To improve the customer experience."

Personally, I like this site just the way it is. I don't want an "experience", whatever that is, nor do I want things "improved" unless they actually need it.

Ok that's my 2p, I'll shut up now  :P

I agree, I don't mind UI changes too much but when websites or software decides to completely redesign their product every year I think is a bit much. Especially when almost all the time they remove the option to use the older UI and the new UI is almost always either less functional or wastes a ton of screen space as white space. They usually say it's to improve the "user experience" but every time it feels like a step back.  ::)

The other thing is every update seems to break compatibility with older browsers too.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New logo? « Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 07:11:11 PM » Author: Rommie
What really annoyed us here recently was the re-branding of our bank (Clydesdale Bank, one of the three Scottish banks that still print their own banknotes) as "Virgin Money."

They completely re-designed everything, including the interiors of the branches, staff uniforms, and most of all the website. For some reason they omitted to tell us that one day the old login page would no longer work, it took us hours on the phone to figure it out, and the pages of the online banking system are completely different and nowhere near as good as they were. All for what..? To "improve our experience"  ???  :curse:

Fortunately they haven't (yet) got as far as printing banknotes with Virgin Money on them, but I wouldn't put it past them to try  ::)

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
Re: New logo? « Reply #8 on: June 10, 2022, 07:24:03 PM » Author: HM1000
I agree, I don't mind UI changes too much but when websites or software decides to completely redesign their product every year I think is a bit much. Especially when almost all the time they remove the option to use the older UI and the new UI is almost always either less functional or wastes a ton of screen space as white space. They usually say it's to improve the "user experience" but every time it feels like a step back.  ::)

The other thing is every update seems to break compatibility with older browsers too.
Not to mention they now force you to pay them to get the sites full functionality, Such as YouTube Premium

I am 16, not 14 BTW.
& Autism!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New logo? « Reply #9 on: June 10, 2022, 07:48:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
@Rommie, sounds like a big waste of money in my opinion, especially how they decided to remodel all the interiors of the branches too. It reminds me of Target's failed Canadian expansion. They took over a Canadian chain called Zellers, then completely remodeled every store (full interior gut and new everything) and hired new staff. Apparently all this was done "To have a consistent Target experience" whatever that means but it always seemed like a big waste of money to me. Needless to say they were bleeding money and shut down their Canadian operations after a couple of years.

Conversely when Wal-Mart opened up shop in Canada by taking over Woolco, they really only changed the store signs and remodeled small parts of the stores. I believe they also kept most of the existing staff.

Yeah I also don't like it when sites break links after they redesigned it. Better designed sites will sometimes redirect you to the new page instead of breaking everything that uses the old link/

@HM1000, yeah I find the pushing for subscription on sites annoying too. At least with YouTube, I can install a ad blocker in my browser (which you should anyway) and block all ads anyway. It's part of the reason why I like using the desktop versions of sites instead of mobile or the app. Easier to block that stuff on desktop and I still find desktop versions of sites have the best functionality. I think even LG is guilty in that as some things like album descriptions, detailed EXIF data on pictures that I can't find on the mobile site but I can easily find on the desktop site.
HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
Re: New logo? « Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 07:51:09 PM » Author: HM1000
Oh, I have not installed an ad blocker yet. I am afraid they might get viruses because Chrome does not block a lot of things IMO

I am 16, not 14 BTW.
& Autism!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New logo? « Reply #11 on: June 10, 2022, 08:13:48 PM » Author: Rommie
Get rid of Chrome now. And anything else remotely connected with Google while you're at it. Oh, and lose Windows as well, Linux is much better  ;D

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Searchlight Dude!

hm1000
Re: New logo? « Reply #12 on: June 10, 2022, 08:17:11 PM » Author: HM1000
My ChromeBook runs Linux. It is tough to use Linux

I am 16, not 14 BTW.
& Autism!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: New logo? « Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 08:21:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Hmm, ok. But we've finally managed to get rid of everything Google. We use DuckDuckGo as a search engine and Fedora as the OS. Firefox is our browser of choice and we have AdBlock Ultimate and Ghostery installed as well. The only thing we can't escape is Youtube, which is owned by Google, but we open it in a private window and delete all cookies afterwards. The VPN gives us a different IP address pretty much every time, so although it's theoretically possible to track what we do online, we have no intention of making it easy for them  :mrg:

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the SOX!

Re: New logo? « Reply #14 on: June 10, 2022, 10:29:09 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Have used Windows for nearly my whole school career. Easy to use, and it's never given me any significant problems.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies