Author Topic: My Wrist Is Being... Lame  (Read 1219 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
My Wrist Is Being... Lame « on: March 24, 2022, 05:01:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
Sometime last month I injured my wrist, without there being any instant sign of pain or discomfort. Not sure if it was through push ups or weightlifting.
I've even called off work for three nights during my work weekend in an effort to get it to heal, after receiving a doctors note from a doctor I visited
before that weekend began.
But now... it appears that a bone is starting to protrude out from my wrist a bit... especially in comparison to the wrist of my right hand.
Because of this... mishap... I haven't been weightlifting since about 6 weeks ago. I've lost A LOT of muscle and I'm not as physically attractive anymore.
I also can't perform well at work... I can no longer lift heavy things without my left wrist feeling extremely weak or in pain. And from where it stands
now, I will be under short term disability. I won't be back at work until April 21st. My biggest fear is that I may have to go through surgical procedure.
I've never had surgery, nor do I want to. :'-)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 05:37:45 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
That sounds a bit like carpal tunnel syndrome (I am not a doctor, don't quote me on diagnosis). In your wrist there is a tube that all the nerves and tendons pass through to stop them getting caught in the joint. That tube is the carpal tunnel. CPS can occur from repetitive strain, or a sudden shock which causes the carpal tunnel to swell up, making any movement or task with your wrist quite painful. The wrist may feel tight when trying to move it in a particular way (left-right, up-down, diagonal, or all). A lump can appear where the swelling displaces a small structure within the wrist joint; it should go down again when the swelling does. I have CPS in my left wrist. Originally I had to let it rest for about a week. Now it only flares up on occasion. I have a universal wrist support to help with that. Something like this may be of use to you too. While surgery is an option for treating CPS, that only happens in the most extreme cases.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:46:24 PM by AgentHalogen_87 » Logged
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:26:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
@AgentHalogen_87, my doctors appointment is set for the 30th of March, so I guess I'll see what he says. That bump that's protruding from the wrist
feels much more like bone than swelling. I'm not sure if it's carpal tunnel or not, but I've had several of my coworkers tell me that it may be carpal
tunnel.
Not to brag, but I do bicep curls with a 60 pound dumb bell, as well as tricep extensions. I think it's possible that doing bicep curls with very heavy
weight might be the culprit, as much as I really hate to say that. There is also a chance that the new "perfect push up" equipment that I recently bought
might be the culprit. That'd be unfortunate as well, since I've seen amazing results with those.
To give an idea of how bad this injury is, if I even attempt to weightlift or do push ups, I feel as if I just might lose my left wrist entirely

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:50:30 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
The lump on my wrist (when it's there) feel like bone too. I think the swelling displaces the bone, but not enough to fully dislocate it.
Not to brag, but I have attended martial arts classes for 3 hours, twice a week for over 10 years. For me, the culprit was doing stickwork with heavy duty flashlights when we were in lockdown (just what I had to hand).
CPS or something else, it still sucks and I hope it gets sorted soon.
Bean
Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:57:42 PM » Author: Bean
Hope it gets better :)

I usually do my pushups (10) after I eat and I between when I eat and when before that, there's a big weight difference lol

I don't really do weight lifting though I wanna get buff lol, recently got strectching bands though the strongest is only 23 pounds
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 09:16:16 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Bean, this topic isn't about weightlifting, but I will say this... I do inner, middle and outer push ups. 50 push ups each. After that, I immediately
get protein based foods... especially chicken from places like Chipotle. While I eat, I consume protein shakes. The results are incredible and fast. I've
got pics, but that would not only reveal my face, it'd also change this topic, which I don't want to do.
It's important though that you pay attention to what you're doing when you workout, or else, you may unknowingly injure yourself, like me.

I'm not gonna completely rule out the possibility that this is a work related injury. I might've hurt myself while I was lifting things at work.

Interests:

Bean
Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 09:22:26 PM » Author: Bean
Anyways I guess back on topic, I don't know anything about effects of working out on the human body but constant stress on your wrists may lead to that.

May I pm you?
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: My Wrist Is Being... Lame « Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 02:10:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm late with this update but here goes... turns out it was, according to my doctor, wrist tendinitis. He also told me that this wrist tendinitis
lasted so long to the point where the body created a "defense mechanism," which ended up being a cyst. This cyst is what I originally mistaken to be bone.
Although the cyst and the wrist pain are both still noticeable, I'm able to weightlift again and continue all other exercise activities, or general
strenuous activities again without the significant pain.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies