Author Topic: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS  (Read 2825 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « on: March 08, 2022, 10:48:02 AM » Author: Burrito
It is going to be tough, but if anyone knows where some are, please let me know, Thanks!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 08:08:18 PM » Author: RadiantMV
Here are some NOS 1000 watt Sylvanias with the steel girder frame as well as /C phosphor: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263298313236
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:22 PM » Author: Burrito
I am aware of that one, but there aren't many left, so i won't be able to get one :-\

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 09:47:08 PM » Author: Econolite03
HM1000, so what’s wanted #101 going to be? lol.

On a serious note, older Sylvania lamps, specifically the ones from the 70s prior are (from my experience) hard to come by. However the ones from the 80s onward are easy to find in on eBay. Yeah they don’t have the girder frame or other features, but they’re still miles better and collectible than the let’s say Feit junk made today. Now do the clearbanders show up on eBay? Yes, but it’ll take time though.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 09:49:41 PM » Author: Burrito
There was a clear bander, nos recently but it was sold. Also, that numbering thing i do with these is just random order

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 09:51:42 PM » Author: Econolite03
Make sure you let the vented M-400 know about that.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 09:52:42 PM » Author: Burrito
Enough, i will never be able to find one, so i am moving on from that. Until i find one in NOS

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 09:56:38 PM » Author: Econolite03
Don’t worry, you’ll find one. They do show up. Have you thought about looking for another type of M-400?
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 09:57:35 PM » Author: Burrito
An NOS 1960's GE M400

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 09:58:34 PM » Author: Econolite03
How about the 1997 version of the M-400?
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 10:24:23 PM » Author: Burrito
Yes. i do want to find one, but after the NOS 60's M400 and a M400A

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 11:39:18 PM » Author: joseph_125
The Sylvania girder framed lamps and clear banders do show up from time to time on eBay. Just pay close attention to the pictures, if you're serious about buying, ask the seller for pictures of the inside if unsure.

Have you considered a newer M-400A2? Those are probably easier to find NOS and are pretty close to a older M-400A. There's some differences like street side sockets, no vents on the power door but the overall look is pretty similar to the older M-400A. The A2s were made until pretty recently too so they're a higher chance a NOS one will show up.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #12 on: March 13, 2022, 11:42:04 PM » Author: Burrito
yes, those too, But first, i have to find an M400A

RadiantMV

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 08:43:41 PM » Author: RadiantMV
I know a guy in canada selling 400 watt cleartop girder frame Sylvanias, although they’re quite heavily used and i think it’s pick up only. Maybe ask someone who lives over there?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-indoor-lighting-fan/calgary/mercury-light-bulbs-400-watt/1602763523?undefined
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 08:56:39 PM by RadiantMV » Logged
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Wanted #100 or 35: Sylvania ClearBander or that steel frame one. NOS « Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 08:51:05 PM » Author: Burrito
Ooo, the X phosphors

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies