Author Topic: Custom Ordering Fixtures  (Read 1066 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Custom Ordering Fixtures « on: April 06, 2022, 12:03:20 AM » Author: Econolite03
Alright,

Recently, I have started to become interested in custom ordering lights through vendors and would appreciate some insight into how the process works and what your experiences were doing so. For years I’ve seen collectors, both member and non-members of L-G being able to order fixtures from American Electric Lighting via distributors, primarily 115s etc.

Since HPS is obviously on its way out, I’m considering trying to get a AEL fixture custom made before they’re totally discontinued permanently. More specifically, a 11 Series NEMA, 50W HPS, with a glass bucket and Type IV distribution. Technical info below:

11PKG 05 S XN 120V R5 BG

That being said, any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Custom Ordering Fixtures « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 01:09:26 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think Lumex120 or HPSM250R2 would be able to offer you some assistance with that.

Generally I think you'd have to seek out a distributor in your area, particularly one that will be able to order a single luminaire for you with a custom config (compared to the quick ship commonly order configs). Not all distributors will do custom orders for you or even sell to individuals so you might have to search around.

I believe for AEL you can try searching here. Acuity is the parent company of AEL so any of their distributors should be able to order AEL products. 
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Custom Ordering Fixtures « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 12:41:07 PM » Author: Econolite03
Ahh, I see. I think about it.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Custom Ordering Fixtures « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 06:41:44 PM » Author: icefoglights
I've ordered a couple of fixtures through a local distributor.  Basically, went on the manufacturer's website, printed out the spec sheet for the fixture I wanted, noted the options I wanted, went down and they ordered it.  It took a little longer, but they ordered them on a stock order, so I didn't have to pay extra for shipping.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Custom Ordering Fixtures « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 02:03:23 PM » Author: Econolite03
Okay, I think I found a Acuity distributor in Ontario, CA and I’ll try to reach out to them.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies