Author Topic: street lights that you think are bad looking.  (Read 1056 times)
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

street lights that you think are bad looking. « on: March 16, 2022, 09:39:30 PM » Author: Burrito
I don't like the Revere fixtures because of the way the lenses are shaped like a backwards egg and also there tiny sag lenses.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 11:20:26 PM » Author: Silverliner
To me most LED fixtures are ugly.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 11:23:48 PM » Author: Burrito
Same. i hate LED fixtures. the ones i can handle are these made by GE, the Evolve (Devolve) R150 fixtures.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 12:23:21 AM » Author: Econolite03
Pretty much all LEDs, I want my GE M-400s back.

Now on Linktree

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 12:25:15 AM » Author: Burrito
Same!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 12:33:52 AM » Author: Econolite03
Except for the OVH… they deserve to

Now on Linktree

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 10:10:15 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I don't find any street light, HID or LED, to be bad looking. They're all unique in their own way.

Except the cheap Chinese stuff you see on eBay and Amazon.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 10:14:31 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 01:06:55 PM » Author: Econolite03
Yeah, those cheap “Hiperikon” or other weird named cr*p off you know where are some of the worst.

Now on Linktree

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 03:05:15 PM » Author: joseph_125
Ahh those, I usually just call them eBay or Amazon specials. Both the floodlights and the streetlights.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 12:58:53 AM » Author: 108CAM
For me it would have to be cheap no name LED street lights on ebay that cause more issues than they solve. It's even worse when one of these cheap LED fixtures replaces an older, high quality fixture with 20+ years of service and many more decades to come. I do however like the look of the Sylvania StreetLEDs as they aren't a boring flat spatula shaped light that blends into the arm it's mounted on.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 10:13:58 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Yeah, those cheap “Hiperikon” or other weird named cr*p off you know where are some of the worst.
I actually bought a 6-pack of Hyperikon LED candelabra filament lamps back in 2016. All but one have worked perfectly despite being in a living room where they're heavily used.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #11 on: March 18, 2022, 03:34:17 PM » Author: Lumex120
I don't like the Revere fixtures because of the way the lenses are shaped like a backwards egg and also there tiny sag lenses.
Finally someone else who understands.  ;D I've never really liked how the refractors look "backwards" on Revere stuff either.

Unofficial LG Discord

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: street lights that you think are bad looking. « Reply #12 on: March 18, 2022, 05:02:43 PM » Author: Burrito
Yep! ugh :sick: there gross.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies