Author Topic: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature  (Read 1098 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « on: April 28, 2022, 02:15:24 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
While searching for some Japanese market fluorescent tubes to add to my collection, I discovered that they have some fluorescent tubes that have an afterglow feature that allows the lamp to faintly glow after a power cut, which can help minimize the likelihood of accidents associated with walking in complete darkness. I find them pretty interesting since they have that unique feature that is not found on any other fluorescent tube in the world.

Here is a PDF that details this information:

https://www.hotalux.com/library/_140__187__141_s/english/products/pdf/lamp.pdf

I am in the process of obtaining some of these afterglow fluorescent tubes for my collection!!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 05:15:56 PM » Author: James
Very interesting, this was quite a notable invention of NEC, and for a while it was also made by Megaman of China in the form of CFL lamps sold under the Cat Eye brand.
I have never been able to find either of these in Europe, it's a good idea to search in Japan.  Did you manage to find any distributor that still has stocks of these for sale?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 06:25:27 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is an 8000K FL15 example:

https://www.jauce.com/yahoo-japan-shopping/item/dendenichiba_4904323616251/

Here is an 8000K FL10 example:

https://www.jauce.com/yahoo-japan-shopping/item/dentendo_4904323616237/

This website allows you to get some Japanese lamps shipped anywhere in the world. Note that $1 USD is about 125 Japanese Yen.

I have had no problems with inporting Japanese market lamps via Jauce.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:30:47 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 09:29:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
There was a US based company known as Environmental Products that marketed a similar lamp called the Glow-Lux. It appears to be somewhat connected to the NEC lamps as the same photo of the office is used in the promotional materials. Unfortunately the company is now defunct and not much information is available about these lamps.

Glow-Lux Lamps.

This was the only picture I found of the lamps.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 04:50:48 PM » Author: James
Many thanks for the both the links, which contain some interesting additional information!  I have bought Japanese HID lamps before from Jauce with excellent service.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Japanese fluorescent tubes with afterglow feature « Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 12:54:41 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I have a few of the Glow-Lux type lamps (2 different brands/types) of 4-footers.
Lamps I had gotten a number of years ago.
Pretty cool stuff...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 01:02:20 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies