Author Topic: McGraw-Edison street lamps  (Read 7951 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #45 on: April 21, 2022, 10:33:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well , these little critters are here !! They're gonna be staying OUTSIDE until I can get them cleaned up as someone or a group of someones were living inside them ! Both appear to be 120v 175w HX ballast MV's with well used /DX lamps from the 80's or newer . At least one is April 1972 according to the date stamp on the ballast .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #46 on: April 21, 2022, 10:37:14 PM » Author: BT25
Nice, glad you got them...except for the unwanted guests! :lol:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #47 on: April 21, 2022, 10:46:59 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The homes are there but the homeowners appear to be on vacation !! I was relieved to find that they were MV !

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #48 on: April 21, 2022, 10:52:47 PM » Author: joseph_125
Nice to hear you got them! Interesting they're HX ballasted but it means you can run HPS retrofit lamps on them easily.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #49 on: April 21, 2022, 11:05:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Thanks .

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #50 on: April 22, 2022, 07:59:46 AM » Author: Rommie
We'll look forward to see how you get on with them 8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #51 on: April 22, 2022, 04:05:10 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Nice, I needed a 175w light. :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: McGraw-Edison street lamps « Reply #52 on: April 22, 2022, 11:23:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
One has been completely cleaned inside and out and is currently lit in my room ! The ballast is nice and quiet ! I replaced the /DX GE with a clear Westy .  The other one is still outside and mostly disassembled for cleaning . Both have the same D72 date code (April 1972) which make them exactly 50 years old !! Hopefully I'll get the other one cleaned and tested tomorrow . I'd post photos but my camera and computer seem to be having communication issues at the moment .

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies