Author Topic: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures  (Read 1274 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « on: July 04, 2022, 03:26:01 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After I acquired some vintage fluorescent lighting catalogs dating from the late 1940s and early 1950s that feature early linear fluorescent tube fixtures intended for the North American market, I have noticed that they often feature incandescent reflector lamp fixtures that are intended to be installed between 2 linear fluorescent tube fixtures connected in continuous rows or on the corners of 90 degree continuous row fluorescent tube fixture installations. I believe that such connector fixtures were intended to accent merchandise in retail buildings. In addition, I am wondering if there are any buildings in North America that still have some continuous row installations of early linear fluorescent tube fixtures that are still in use with these incandescent reflector lamp connector fixtures as of 2022?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 04:37:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
This partial row was the only installation left I knew of here. Glancing at the ceiling, it looks like the row used to span the length of the store and store used to have 3 rows.

Unfortunately the store has shut down and the unit sits empty for lease.

I've also seen a old department store still using 4x4 louvered troffers that had a mogul lampholder in the centre cell intended for use with a reflector incandescent lamp.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 02:00:44 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
It looks like this fixture uses F48T12 slimline tubes judging by the plunger lampholders.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 04:22:26 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah, either SL or HO. Too bad the store closed before I was able to check it out myself. I suppose the older tubes output less light but HO also wasn't as uncommon as it is in more recent years back in the days of the incandescent/fluorescent combo fixtures. A lot of louvers were available with options for HO and even VHO/PG in some cases.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 12:32:59 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
HO fluorescent tubes first came out in the mid 1950s from what I am aware of.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Incandescent reflector lamp fixtures installed between fluorescent tube fixtures « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 11:40:27 PM » Author: icefoglights
Here are some I found at an old hardware store in Harlingen, TX.  The place was full of them!

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies