Author Topic: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027  (Read 4217 times)
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 12:38:04 AM » Author: tolivac
Keep in mind hazardous chemicals are used to make LEDs and other semiconductor products.Yet we live with it.And this can be MORE dangerous than chemicals used in HID and flourescent bulbs.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 12:39:37 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
The world is banning HID and fluorescent as an excuse to use these toxic chemicals in LED lighting for the sake of destroying the planet.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 05:47:19 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Keep in mind hazardous chemicals are used to make LEDs and other semiconductor products.Yet we live with it.And this can be MORE dangerous than chemicals used in HID and flourescent bulbs.
However, there are no other hazardous substances other than lead in the hazardous substances table on the box

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 07:10:44 AM » Author: Rommie
The world is banning HID and fluorescent as an excuse to use these toxic chemicals in LED lighting for the sake of destroying the planet.
I think that's a little strong; none of us who love the older lamp technologies want to see them completely gone, but I don't really think there is a conspiracy to destroy the planet going on.

This is a valuable and interesting discussion, but let's not veer too much off course.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #19 on: April 27, 2022, 03:33:57 PM » Author: MVMH_99
I think the article is laying and only do this to promotes their LED lighting products.
LEDs have much more polluting and toxic materials than HID and fluorescents.

VERY TRUE, Dor!!!  What drives me batty about LED is despite the fact that "environmentalists" talk incessantly about "reduced power consupmption," ( :mrg:)  little do they know how much more energy will ultimately be wasted in the long run manufacturing new LED lamps and/or fixtures when they fail, plus all the resources (not just in manufacturing, but also in the processing of disposed ones).

And, yes, I could go on for hours about how much this harebrained "activism" annoys me to no end, but there's no need to go down that "rabbit hole..."  ;)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #20 on: April 27, 2022, 03:36:06 PM » Author: MVMH_99

Yes, it's very ironic, sad, and pathetic.  Very well-said.   ;)   :sick:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #21 on: April 27, 2022, 03:36:34 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I have a feeling that in less than 10 years from now, LED lighting will become the only option for general purpose lighting in most parts of the world with nothing else left.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #22 on: April 27, 2022, 03:57:29 PM » Author: Rommie
Newsflash - it pretty much already is. Can't buy anything else here now retail. Only place to get proper lighting is online from eBay and a handful of other places. I know a sparky who has to resort to eBay to get lamps for his customers' fixtures. What a world we live in.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #23 on: April 27, 2022, 04:04:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Fortunately, Yahoo Auctions Japan is a place where I can get obsolete lighting for the Japanese market if I wanted older Japanese lamps in my collection.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #24 on: May 08, 2022, 11:13:03 PM » Author: 108CAM
I'm still amazed that Australia has no plans to ban HID lamps and that the remaining MV fixtures in my area are still being relamped.
It's also awesome to see that Tridonic is still manufacturing ballasts in Australia at the former ATCO factory. How they are still making enough money to keep operating is amazing.
Just the thought of still being able to buy brand new Australian made ballasts in 2022 is amazing in itself. The only issue is the prices.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #25 on: May 09, 2022, 06:06:51 AM » Author: Rommie
That's good to know, although shipping from Oz to the UK is likely to be more than from the US, and that's bad enough  :o

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #26 on: August 26, 2023, 07:11:32 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
This is not strictly correct.  For most HID types, rather than a ban in 2027, there will simply be another review.  If by that time it can be proven that HID can be replaced by LED retrofits then a ban is possible, but it's equally likely that in fact the date will be postponed again, as has happened every few years since the early 2000s.

According to this Feilo-Sylvania PDF document, it specifically shows that high pressure sodium lamps are set to be banned in 2027 while the high wattage 1000W and 2000W quartz metal halide lamps have already been banned this February in 2023:

https://www.sylvania-lighting.com/media/6587/european-legislation-changes-leaflet_en_hr.pdf

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #27 on: August 26, 2023, 03:01:09 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
With seeing how fast hid fixtures are being replaced with LED it makes me wonder is there really much to ban in 2027

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #28 on: August 26, 2023, 04:02:04 PM » Author: Beta 5
One of the biggest forms of harm to the environment and wastage I have seen in recent times has not been due to the banning of lamps, but the vast quantity of perfectly usable fluorescent and HID luminaires, just a few years old, that have been removed and scrapped for LED in the name of energy saving.
Surely it would be far better for the environment to use these luminaires until they are actually worn out and really do require replacement, than it is to bin them just to save a few watts, some of which could easily be saved by reducing unnecessary burning hours?

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Complete HID ban in Europe in 2027 « Reply #29 on: August 26, 2023, 06:28:34 PM » Author: Rommie
Or just not bother replacing them with L*D at all. I think people are slowly coming to realise that L*D is not the be-all and end-all of lighting they were led to believe it was.

Some of us never believed it was in the first place. The trouble is, it's all too late, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle  :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies