Author Topic: Finally found the floating shelves I'm looking for, but...  (Read 510 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Finally found the floating shelves I'm looking for, but... « on: November 02, 2023, 02:22:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
I finally found the kind of floating shelves I'm hoping to purchase, but I unfortunately can't find the specific sizes I'm looking for, nor can I find
the colors. I'm looking for the 3 foot (36 inch) shelves that contain the bracket just behind the shelf itself. The shelf simply slides into the bracket,
and I think two screws are screwed into the shelf/bracket to hold it in place. I'll post a pic of it if I can, but the main issue is that I can't find the
3 footer versions anywhere online, especially on Ebay. If there are such thing as 6 footer versions, I'll purchase those instead...
... once set up, The Big Lighting Project (TBLP) will begin, in which I will purchase possibly six 6 footer magnetic High Output (R.S) T12 fixtures, and
use them all as up-lighting for my living room... and two additional 6 footer Slimline (I.S) fixtures for up-lighting my bedroom.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! -- my biggest lighting project so far. FULL power HO and Slimline ballasts will also be searched online...

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Finally found the floating shelves I'm looking for, but... « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 03:01:51 PM » Author: Richmond2000
try IKEA they usually have a LARGE selection of that style of "floating" shelving
I assume you have an IKEA near you
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Finally found the floating shelves I'm looking for, but... « Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:07:06 AM » Author: suzukir122
There is an Ikea store 22 minutes, 19 miles away from me.
I'll have to give them a try once I have time. I'm hoping they have the 3 or 6 footer shelves I'm looking for though. Hopefully this won't be as
tough as it seems.
This will be my biggest lighting project.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Finally found the floating shelves I'm looking for, but... « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 10:44:13 PM » Author: suzukir122
This video shows a little more of why I've chosen this type of floating shelf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGqoBPR_TY
Although I'll more than likely purchase a stud finder and laser leveler as guidance... this kind of floating shelf seems to be
the best route for me in terms of carefully installing, minimizing the potential for mistakes.
I still haven't gone to Ikea yet, but I'm making plans on going there as soon as I can. Not too confident that they'll have the
floating shelf sizes that I need though, but of course, there's only one way to find out.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies