Author Topic: Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps  (Read 2154 times)
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps « on: November 27, 2009, 05:34:34 AM » Author: tmcdllr
"The National Electric Code of 2005 prohibits the manufacture, import or sale of mercury ballasts for use in
the United States. To assure a continued availability of mercury lamps for new landscape lighting fixtures,
EYE designed a unique line of mercury lamps that operate on Metal Halide Pulse Start Ballasts."

It's good to see one of these companies trying to ensure that mercury lamps will still be around. So far, they are available in 50, 75, 100, and 175 watts in ED and R bulb types. Now if the other major manufacturers would do this then there would be no need to worry about mercury lamps going away. I think this is a good thing. The mercury lamp is a cost effective and efficient light source, far more than incandescent yet they are trying to get rid of mercury and incandescent is still around. Mercury is even more efficient than halogen and I don't remember hearing anybody go after that source.

Screw you Dark Sky!!!

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:15:19 AM » Author: FGS
I googled them and they have the similar shape as the merc lamps (the burner's shape) just missing the starting electrode and resistor. It's Lighting Gallery . Question is will those be banned along with the standard MVs? I am glad someone came up with a pulse start MVs. Why those are in ED-17 only? Why not in mogul bases and higher wattage?

I guess it didn't cost much to make them. Just use a standard MV burner but omit the starting electrode. Let's see them come up with MVs for HPS ballasts.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 11:43:05 AM » Author: Medved
These run hotter then standard MV, so a bit higher efficacy and CRI. Question is, if this was possible doe to less components in the arctube (so seal crack is less likely), or they sacrifice the lifetime a bit.
But based on cost ratio between new MV lamp and electricity. such decision does make perfect sense nowadays...
i hope they would come to Europe as well. I think they might overcome the ban by selling them as "special spectrum sources" (or so), as the legislation apply for "illumination lighting" lamps only...

@FGS: I doubt, as MV's for US HPS ballast would be too inefficient, mainly for lower wattage (<250W), where the arc voltage is below 100V.

No more selfballasted c***

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps « Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:09 PM » Author: Alights
I currently cannot find any in regualar(Ed 17) and so I was wondering if anybody knows of a distributor who has all of them.
@Meved: I believe the 100W one for the M90(100W MH) ballast(MV) would have a 130W arctube. 
tmcdllr

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Eye Moonpulse Mercury Vapor lamps « Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 01:45:38 AM » Author: tmcdllr
You can find the R30/40 at 1000bulbs.com and the R20/30/40 at landscapelight.com. Looks like 10,000hrs life.

Nothing like the beautiful cool white light of a coated Mercury Vapor lamp and the soothing hum of it's magnetic ballast.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies