Author Topic: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic  (Read 2356 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #15 on: February 03, 2022, 02:51:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Put it back, then  ;D :hps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 02:54:27 PM » Author: AngryHorse
They sit a bit high inside them though!, oddly enough, I never tried 50 watt mercury in them?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #17 on: February 06, 2022, 12:04:37 PM » Author: Cole D.
Indoor:

PL recessed cans
2x2 and 2x4 parabolic fixtures
Drum style ceiling fixtures
Square glass shade "bedroom fixtures"
Floral globe "hallway" ceiling fixtures
U-channel glass wall "bathroom fixtures"
Porcelain bathroom wall sconces

Outdoor:

Jelly jar fixtures
Coach lanterns
Mansard style plastic wall and post lanterns
Smoked or bronze colored glass globe fixtures
Cylinder wall fixtures
Recessed fresnel lens MH fixtures
GE Powr/Bracket
AEL ballast in arm
GE M400A2 Powr/Door
HPS and MV NEMA "yard lights"

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 02:18:16 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
any cobra head. any fluorescent fixture and RLMs.

literally anything from the late 2000's and back is nostalgic to me. because all of it is getting wiped out.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

exexcollega

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #19 on: February 19, 2022, 08:01:20 AM » Author: exexcollega
-Philips SORA fixtures, almost completely gone.
-LPS in general
-fluorescents are also disappearing I'm an alarming rate, especially indoors.
-HPS, still very common, for now...
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #20 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:18 AM » Author: 108CAM
Sylvania B2224's are nostalgic to me because there used to be thousands upon thousands of them in Australia and whenever we went over to a friend's house for dinner, I always loved to see them lit up. I'd do anything to get one for my collection

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 06:07:00 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Those vandal-resistant PL canopy/wall lights seen on the outside of bath-houses in campgrounds and those jelly jar wall sconces, especially PL-S, make me feel nostalgic.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #22 on: May 08, 2022, 09:04:45 PM » Author: 108CAM
My earliest memories of staying at a caravan/trailer park sparked my interest in vertical fluorescent lights like these
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37.9569862,146.4048921,3a,60y,308.98h,95.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sVzkJZUUuBraQhiZQCfop-Q!2e0!7i3328!8i1664
I'm planning on building my own lights in this style because of how much I like them.
I call them "Stick Lights" because of their shape but if anyone knows the proper term for lights like these, please let me know.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Light fixtures that you find nostalgic « Reply #23 on: May 09, 2022, 12:39:47 AM » Author: Burrito
HPS Ge M400A's. Cooper OVD's and OVF's and OVM's

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies