Author Topic: A downloadable app?  (Read 316 times)
HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

TCF fan!

hm1000
A downloadable app? « on: May 11, 2022, 11:00:20 PM » Author: HM1000
This is a strange thought i just got. But i think it would be cool if there was a downloadable app for this site?

If you think electrically, you'll live electrically. Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 15, not 14 btw.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF_U6Bvj_7Aw4SeY-SUU-w/videos

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 06:11:05 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
It's a nice idea. But even without any idea about coding, I know that an app would be very complex and quite expensive.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 09:17:58 AM » Author: Rommie
To do what..? The site is viewable on a mobile device, what would a specific "app" do differently..?  :wndr:

Personally, I've never been able to cope with the tiny screens you get on those things, I need a minimum of my 14in laptop, and preferably something twice that size  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

HM1000

View Posts
View Gallery

TCF fan!

hm1000
Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 09:18:50 AM » Author: HM1000
I know, it was just a thought

If you think electrically, you'll live electrically. Please don't ask to meet up with me, as i am still living with my mom. No sending me gifts either please, Thank you!
I am 15, not 14 btw.https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF_U6Bvj_7Aw4SeY-SUU-w/videos

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 03:41:17 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I mostly use my phone to access L-G these days. Usually I would look at photos and comment on my phone. However I would upload photos to the site using my laptop. Recently I started uploading photos using my phone and so far it's worked well and no problems. I have thought about an app for the site as well. But I just have the site saved as a shortcut on my phone. So it's just like having an app. When I want to go on I just click the L-G shortcut and I'm right on the site. The shortcut looks just like an app so it blends in with my regular apps on my phone.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 03:50:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Well I suppose some people find it useful, but as I said, I could never get to grips with the tiny screens on phones. My eyesight is not what it was and I need a reasonably sized display. I have two 21in ones on my desktop machine, although I can manage at a pinch with the 14in screen on my laptop.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A downloadable app? « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2022, 04:01:18 PM » Author: joseph_125
I sometimes use my phone to browse and comment but I find doing the other stuff such as uploading, editing picture descriptions, writing long replies to be quite an annoyance on a phone. Especially when you need to put a link in a block of text. It's doable on a phone but it's pretty annoying.   

I think some expanded features like EXIF data isn't shown on mobile either.

Uploading I almost pretty much do all from my computer since it's a lot easier to load pictures from my camera to that compared to my phone.

I'll be honest, I don't really see too much of a point in a app, you'd have to have someone willing to develop one too and modern phone browsers are featured enough that most features on desktop work on mobile. Anyway if you want LG on your home screen just save it as a shortcut on your phone.
Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies