Author Topic: Any incandescent, halogen, and fluorescent lamps still being made today?  (Read 621 times)
TLE

View Posts
View Gallery

Also known as TB79 on SABRE and UKASTLE.

thelightingenthusiast thelightingenthusiast
Any incandescent, halogen, and fluorescent lamps still being made today? « on: October 12, 2023, 04:21:39 PM » Author: TLE
I want to know if there are any incandescent, halogen, or fluorescent lamps that are still being made today? It can be any lighting manufacturer.

-  A lighting collector and photographer.

(TLE is an abbreviation for TheLightingEnthusiast)

Lcubed3

View Posts
View Gallery

MAXIMUM LUMENS!!!

Re: Any incandescent, halogen, and fluorescent lamps still being made today? « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 07:11:18 PM » Author: Lcubed3
It may be hard to believe where you live, but there are actually quite a few manufacturers of traditional light sources.

GE, Philips, and Feit Electric still make incandescent lamps, but I don't think Sylvania does anymore after the LEDVance acquisition.
They also make fluorescent lamps in all sorts of shapes and sizes, incl. CFL, PL, and linear.
In addition to the three I stated, Sylvania, Satco, and DAMAR still make FLs.
I have only seen Feit Electric making new halogen capsules and high wattage incans, but that is probably because I
only checked at Home Depot.

Portland General Electric: 120/240VAC @ 60Hz
Bringer of Light

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Any incandescent, halogen, and fluorescent lamps still being made today? « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 02:58:12 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think that even Philips and Osram LEDvance are still making non-LED light sources for countries outside the UK, EU, and North America too. On top of that, Japanese companies like Toshiba, Panasonic, Hitachi, and NEC are still making traditional light sources for the Japanese domestic market even today.

Only time will tell when the whole entire world stops making traditional light sources.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 03:02:06 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies